Old 06-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #11

I wouldn't let the distance to the dealer or the factory bother you. Both our dealer and the factory are about 630km (390 miles ) and 1 international border away from us.

If you want it fixed right have it sent it back to the factory. In our case FR dispatched a driver to pick our trailer up in Southern Ontario Canada!

2012 Rockwood Roo 233s
2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn V8 Hemi
Previous Trailer -> 1996 Jayco 1207
Barney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney1 View Post
I wouldn't let the distance to the dealer or the factory bother you. Both our dealer and the factory are about 630km (390 miles ) and 1 international border away from us.

If you want it fixed right have it sent it back to the factory. In our case FR dispatched a driver to pick our trailer up in Southern Ontario Canada!
How much do they charge for picking it up?

Old 06-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #13

It should be an easy fix for a "competent" repair shop. If I thought that the dealer 15 miles from my house could fix it in a timely and competent fashion then I would take it to them!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollumi

How much do they charge for picking it up?
Nothing

2012 Rockwood Roo 233s
2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn V8 Hemi
Previous Trailer -> 1996 Jayco 1207
Barney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #15
Current River Rat

Is that Youngbloods in Dexter or Poplar Bluff? I know I've seen the name on the way down to Doniphan. Might want to call them and see if they will step in for you and you might be a full time customer. Doesn't hurt to ask. I'v always wondered why dealers (stores) would turn away the opportunity to get a new customer and free advertising. I'll take them all day long and do. Good luck.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bttravel View Post
Is that Youngbloods in Dexter or Poplar Bluff? I know I've seen the name on the way down to Doniphan. Might want to call them and see if they will step in for you and you might be a full time customer. Doesn't hurt to ask. I'v always wondered why dealers (stores) would turn away the opportunity to get a new customer and free advertising. I'll take them all day long and do. Good luck.
Not sure. I know they have a location just south of Cape Girardeau, MO and one in Mayfield, KY I think. I was going to buy "something" from a salesman in Cape but the only thing they had was a 16' toy hauler. I wasn't looking for a toy hauler until I saw it and went "bingo, this is what I want".

I discovered a 19' and 21' toy hauler on Ebay. You may know the manufacturer <wink>. So, I was hard set in buying a 21' toy hauler from Forest River, Cherokee and then I came across the 25' version. After much searching around and working out weights and towing capacity with a slide rule, a replica of Columbus's sextant, and a plumb bob I was ready. Only problem was the closest one I could find on the Internet was in the Ozarks. Next time I'll just find me a dealer and have it ordered. this has ended up being a real pain in the arse.

Aside from this and a few other minor complaints I like the camper. The last parts have come in on my 32" flat screen "project" (because TV is important) and I'm also working on replacing that two ton, mash my fingers, collapsible table from hell that came with it. I did the math and I should be able to make a tri-fold piece of plywood that will be 31" by 20" (31"x60" extended). Also got my brain on a captain's chair and some drop down shelving.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #17
camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
As a tech, return to the factory is worked out with the dealer and Forrest River. If the repair is too complicated, or the dealer doesn't have the necessary tools and equipment, then the option to return is looked at. Last one we returned, the rubber roof split at the edge, all the wall down the new Shasta trailer. Soaked the whole inside wall on the inside, had water in the cabinets. Not much option but to send that back for a new wall, and wahat ever damage had been done to the roof.
I bypassed my dealer and worked out my repairs directly with the factory.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #18
Director, FROG

Apollumi, try contacting Bob Miller in the Cherokee Grey Wolf/Wolf Pack Warranty Administratin area in Topeka, IN. Bob's phone number is (260) 593-0023, and his e-mail is bmiller@forestriverinc.com. He should be able to help identify your options.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad