Old 12-14-2008, 12:33 AM   #1
What is this switch?

I acquired a used 27 DFWP right before Thanksgiving and had it at the house this weekend to clean it up. During cleaning, I was checking out all the features and functions. One thing I could not figure out is the 2nd light switch by right inside the door.

Please see the circled switch in the pic below (I borrowed the picture from one of dbscoot's posts - THANKS!!). One of the switch panel right inside the door (the one not circled) is a bank of 3 - one is for the orange night light, one is for the interior lights and one is for the outisde spot lights. The other switch that is circle in the picture - I have no idea, not a clue - it is unlike the other switches, more like a switch you would find inside the house. I turn it on or off and it did nothing. Any ideas???

rsscoggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:31 PM   #2
Tim & Lisa Trempert
Just a guess, but maybe it turns one of your 110 volt plugs (inside or out) on and off. You could try taking a lamp, drill or other 110 volt device and go around to each plug while somebody flips the switch. My guess would be the plug between the two chairs (for a small lamp) or an outdoor plug.

Trempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:21 PM   #3
Cyber Phrenologist
I have the same type of switch that controls the ceiling fan main power...there are two more switches on the fan, one for motor speed-off-on and the other for lights off-on.

Do you have a ceiling fan?
Admin at, part of the Social Knowledge network.
"RVing and Amateur Radio served up on the same plate"
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #4
Well radio, you nailed it. When I was out cleaning the roof and the trailer, I found a set of outlets up high on the outside to the right of the door and the awning. After I finished cleaning the trailer, I plugged a drop light into the outlets and tried the switch - sure enough, it turns the drop light off and on.
rsscoggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:00 AM   #5
Yup, for awning lights.
krabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:57 AM   #6
Send a message via Yahoo to SSport
lol I have the same thing on my cherokee 39bs. It's actually a nice design if you think about it. No running wires down the trailer to get your awning lights plugged in and no standing on a chair/ladder to plug/unplug them.

SSport is offline   Reply With Quote

cherokee wolfpack