Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2016, 05:29 PM   #1

Grey Wolf 26RR, What to Pay & Where to Buy?

So I'm done deciding on a hauler for 2 bikes. In the process of making that decision I've shopped around for price. I live west of Pittsburgh Pa on the Ohio border. So anything up and down the west side of Pa, to northern West Virginia, to mid Ohio is the most convenient for me. Hopefully something under 3 hours one way.

I see the prices vary quite a bit. I made sure I'm comparing apples to apples so I only looked at the ones with all 4 packages... Value, Limited, Core, and XL. Holy homework!

But it seems like the couple dealers that have the best prices have the worst reviews. Great. When you own Harleys you know that your relationship with the dealer is important. I'm usually pretty confident though because I'm not some naïve wishy washy person that they would think they can take advantage of. I might even tell them up front if you try to screw me down the road I will be your worst nightmare so do us both a favor and don't even bother selling me a trailer.

But it's easier to just use the power of internet and see what the satisfied customers have to say. I'm willing to pay a hair more and drive a bit further for the right dealership.

The other question is what are you paying in your area? Right now I'm seeing them for $15,999. Hinks aka Cherokee Camping center in Iowa (on the way to Sturgis) has them for $15,499. My local dealer offered me one for $21,000. wtf

So what is your experience with both sales and service at dealerships in my area? Thanks in advance.
Indian Summer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 05:39 PM   #2
Site Team

Let me start by saying that sales and service for an RV is NOTHING like sales and service for a Harley. Many dealers will not do warranty work unless they sold it. Even then you may not want them working on it. There are two options.
1. If you are capable of some basic repairs and maintenance, go for the lowest price and put the savings away to cover repairs that might normally be covered under warranty.
2. Go with a local dealer that has a good service dept and pay more, but have someone nearby that does good warranty work. It is occasionally possible to get both, but it doesn't happen often.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:09 PM   #3
RiderBloke

Bought my 26RR last year. I agree with Flybob; but I was able to follow his 2nd option as my dealer was excellent. The difference in prices will probably be what options are included and how much they charge for the PDI etc. Mine cost about $21K all inclusive.
Good luck to you. We love ours. BTW have some money for mods as you will want to do them. There are great threads on the forums on the 26RR and its sister trailers.

Sent from my iPhone somewhere on the face of the earth using Tapatalk
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Summer View Post
So I'm done deciding on a hauler for 2 bikes. In the process of making that decision I've shopped around for price. I live west of Pittsburgh Pa on the Ohio border. So anything up and down the west side of Pa, to northern West Virginia, to mid Ohio is the most convenient for me. Hopefully something under 3 hours one way.

I see the prices vary quite a bit. I made sure I'm comparing apples to apples so I only looked at the ones with all 4 packages... Value, Limited, Core, and XL. Holy homework!

But it seems like the couple dealers that have the best prices have the worst reviews. Great. When you own Harleys you know that your relationship with the dealer is important. I'm usually pretty confident though because I'm not some naïve wishy washy person that they would think they can take advantage of. I might even tell them up front if you try to screw me down the road I will be your worst nightmare so do us both a favor and don't even bother selling me a trailer.

But it's easier to just use the power of internet and see what the satisfied customers have to say. I'm willing to pay a hair more and drive a bit further for the right dealership.

The other question is what are you paying in your area? Right now I'm seeing them for $15,999. Hinks aka Cherokee Camping center in Iowa (on the way to Sturgis) has them for $15,499. My local dealer offered me one for $21,000. wtf

So what is your experience with both sales and service at dealerships in my area? Thanks in advance.
I drove out of state for mine as the price was very low. I knew that if I had trouble, I might loose that savings to get it taken care of. I have had no troubles in 1.5 years. I won. It is a gamble. In the St Louis area a few smart dealers are starting to advertise that they will work on anybody's camper. Feel better now about that. In your post you quote a $5K savings, so you do the math.

Good luck.
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:51 AM   #5

Try Suburban RV Center in Mansfield Ohio. Small dealership great prices and good service. I live too far for the service but had great experience with the trailer. I got mine for less than $16,000. I got 90 day Ohio plates and paid sales tax in PA. Check him out. He had the 19rr, 22rr, and 26rr on the lot so we got to compare all right there. We walked in and out of trailers many times before making decision.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:36 AM   #6

Two Harley's in a 26RR is going to be a hard fit. I went with the Vengeance 25 because of same floor plan but slightly wider and taller, along with a lot more payload and no wheel wells protruding into the trailer. Plus, the much larger ramp door and beaver tail makes loading the Harley simple (no dragging). Even with all that when I load the Road Glide Ultra I don't see any room to load another one.

Look at this thread: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...rr-113265.html

You might want to check RV Wholesalers in Ohio. They get great reviews and have good prices. Also, Keystone RV in Greencastle, PA.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:42 AM   #7
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

That's his thread lol.

I agree two bikes will be a pain but it can be done in the 26RR. It's a great starter camper/toy hauler but if this is something you think you will do on a regular basis go bigger now. Just my two cents because I already did it brother. 2012 21RR to a 2016 Vengeance 320A SS.

Granted it's bigger but life is so much better with this beast

Loading a Harley with that short ramp is a major PIA

If you go with Grey Wolf Cheyenne Camping Center in Walcott,IA (near Davenport) treated me very well. AC Nelson in Atlantic,IA also has been good to me.

Just a hint for Cheyenne...check Ebay for a good price then go. They list them but they have to blur out the brand name on Ebay. Then go to the dealer to look and possibly buy.
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Days camped '16=43, '17=47, '18=57 '19=47 '20=47 '21=64 '22=62 '23=72 '24=0
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra glide View Post
That's his thread lol.

I agree two bikes will be a pain but it can be done in the 26RR. It's a great starter camper/toy hauler but if this is something you think you will do on a regular basis go bigger now. Just my two cents because I already did it brother. 2012 21RR to a 2016 Vengeance 320A SS.

Granted it's bigger but life is so much better with this beast

Loading a Harley with that short ramp is a major PIA

If you go with Grey Wolf Cheyenne Camping Center in Walcott,IA (near Davenport) treated me very well. AC Nelson in Atlantic,IA also has been good to me.

Just a hint for Cheyenne...check Ebay for a good price then go. They list them but they have to blur out the brand name on Ebay. Then go to the dealer to look and possibly buy.
Duuuuuuhhh. I didn't notice who started the RR thread.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:52 AM   #9
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Duuuuuuhhh. I didn't notice who started the RR thread.
HEHE I needed a laugh this morning though so it's all good
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Days camped '16=43, '17=47, '18=57 '19=47 '20=47 '21=64 '22=62 '23=72 '24=0
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:07 AM   #10

I agree about Grey Wolf Cheyenne Camping Center bought mine there. 26rr ramps are tight but i am hauling a trike and have to put 4x4 under the ramp and use 5 ft ramps to get it to clear.
danny4127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:22 AM   #11

Might want to look at Wolf Packs too. Love mine so far, taller and wider than the Grey Wolf.

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:48 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishdon View Post
Might want to look at Wolf Packs too. Love mine so far, taller and wider than the Grey Wolf.
Plus a little more quality build.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:19 AM   #13

As far as price I paid $22,000 in the Denver area last September. It is a 26RR limited, would love the 15" tires and aluminum rims, they look slick!
I will never use the dealer again, not a horrible experience but I felt like I was in the way when I picked up my camper at 3PM on a Friday, and my sales guy was not in! The guy that did the walk through knew less than me about the trailer. I had to hook it up myself before I drove off, I could have hooked up to a nicer one and I dont think anyone would have noticed! I traded in a Hybrid, thought they would want me to show them how to set it up, but they didnt. My sales guy called me in April to find out where the poles for the tent ends where... I modified the sewer hose holder to hold them. Note to self, you can store as much cash in the sewer hose carrier as you want, it will not be touched...
92 GMC K2500 454
2006 Honda Rubicon ATV
zuterbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:23 AM   #14

15,499 at walcottt ia.
2013 HARLEY TRI-GLIDE
danny4127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 01:36 PM   #15
(o˘◡˘o)

2016 26RR with Limited, XL, Core, and Value Packages - Also enclosed tanks, LED TV, Screen Wall, Stab jacks.

MSRP - $27,477.50 -

Bought in April of this year for $16995.00 + T,T,&T at Holman Motors - Batavia, OH

Drove up did PDI, spent the night in it on their lot, resolved minor issues the next morning, then headed home to FL.

Good experience overall with Tony Zuidema. Straight talk, no runaround.

Side note: The Vengeance and Wolfpack options are nice but a bit heavier than I want to haul around with my F150.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:52 PM   #16

Cheyenne aka Hinks is were I began. I spoke with Kurt. It wasn't hard to find my way to him and identify the trailer brand from his eBay ad. His prices are good but not all Grey Wolf's have all of the packages. His in stock 26RR has the Limited package and the Core package but not the XL at $15,499.

But obviously he can get it. So before I ask him to I'm trying to find someone closer to match his price. I'll try Suburban in Mansfield. That's a reasonable drive for me.
Indian Summer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:43 PM   #17

Also purchased our 26RR from Tom at Suburban for under $16k Best price I could find and was only an hour drive for us so no brainer. Small place but great people!
Dmaster79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey wolf