Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2008, 12:10 PM   #1

Wheel chocks and extra tie down points

All

I have a Wolfpack 27 DFWP and need to add wheel chocks for the 2 Harleys but I also need to add extra tie down points and a wheel chock for a dirt bike in the front bedroom area for when we take the 3 quads and the dirt bike. The 2008 literature shows a dirt bike up front but of course doesn't show it tied down!

I looked underneath and there is this black wrap stuff on the floor and the rails are 15" in from the sides, that might work for the tie downs but definately not for the wheel chock which would need to be very close to the wall.

SO has anyone added wheel chocks or extra tie down points to these toy haulers?

Thanks
Stacy
rsscoggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #2

Bolt it on wheel chocks

I just got one of these:
http://boltiton.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6

No cutting, no driling

It is a beautifully made unit. But may not be what you are looking for.
Dan
DynoDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:12 AM   #3

DynoDan,

Well the dealer yanked me around and couldn't get me in when they waid that they would, so their loss - I ordered a BOLT IT ON on New Years Day. By the time I paid them to do it and bought the tie down points and the wheel chocks, it ended up being about the same cost.

It should be here this week!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:52 AM   #4

Dang! first time I've seen this post

what I would suggest is that you ditch the dirt bike and buy another HD scooter. If you don't have one of the black sportys that'd be what I'd replace the dirt bike with

have you made posts of your scoots yet? guess I need to go looking
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintgotnun View Post
Dang! first time I've seen this post

what I would suggest is that you ditch the dirt bike and buy another HD scooter. If you don't have one of the black sportys that'd be what I'd replace the dirt bike with

have you made posts of your scoots yet? guess I need to go looking
Post of the bikes can be seen here: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...2982#post22982

We don't have a black Sporty but my wife has a Silver one! But the dirtbikes and quads will not be replaced...Kid's still need something to ride!!

I got the BOLT IT ON system - nice, real nice!! Haven't tied anything down yet but it looks like it will do the job!
Old 01-12-2009, 08:57 AM   #6

Nice rides!!

don't know how I missed that post.........
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:23 AM   #7

In our 396wp, I added 5000lbs recessed d rings.

--Located where I wanted the d rings inside the unit
--Measured from the side and end as to the location
--took the measurements underneath the rig
--made a small cut in the underbody cover
--observed what supporting structure was near the area I wanted to install the d rings
--was able to adjust the location of d rings so that I was able to drill two of the install holes through the hauler floor plus through a supporting 2x4 support.
--the other two holes of the d ring was drilled through the hauler floor with additional backing material
--d rings were through bolted not secured with wood screws

Also while I was up underneath, I installed wheel chocks with threaded bolts affixed on the under side of the hauler floor. This way, I can drop bolts through the chock and secure through the hauler floor. When the chocks are not needed, I removed the bolts, place the chock in the cabinet. The threaded nuts remain intact under the floor.

Works great for our Goldwing 1800, golf cart, kayaks or whatever else we need to secure. As it must be secure, so that our sliding glass door does not get damaged.
F350LEO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee wolfpack