Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2012, 08:11 AM   #21

9-11 would be good, I had a fifth wheel I was getting 7 with.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #22

Smile Rzr

Am trying to attach pictures. Hope they work. With the RZR inside the front wheel is right against the storage cabinet.There is about 4in. of room on top for roll bar clearance. You still have to crawl out the back of the RZR to get out the cargo door. You can not get past to get to the front. You can get in the side door but can't go anywhere.I'm not sure how to get tie down straps around the front wheels. Will not be easy. Removing the couch will not be any advantage.When lifting up the cargo door the plate over the hinge goes right against the bottom of the rear wheels. The Harley ramp lifts the cargo door up 9in. off the ground. Gives plenty of clearance. Made of 2in. aluminum angle and aluminum plate. I riveted it all together. The factory told me if I mounted the spare on the cargo door it would void the warranty. I built a carrier under the frame.It is hinged in front and folds down to access the tire. Fold it up and lock it in place. Very easy to get at.Hope this helps answer some questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RZR inside.jpg
Views:	1121
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	10151   Click image for larger version

Name:	Harley Ramp.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	10152   Click image for larger version

Name:	UNderside.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	10153   Click image for larger version

Name:	Spare tire.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	10154  
jusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:30 PM   #23

jusme,

Thanks for posting the picture. Now we see that it does "fit". Still think the fellow who decided to put the side door at the rear was smoking some good stuff.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #24

Nice work, Thanks for the pics! Looks like a tight fit.... but it works. I already have a 19RR and like it so time to shop for the RZR.
2000XLifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #25

Great picture, thanks much. I found a gray wolf dealer about 90 miles from me in Tulsa, OK. They had just sold their last 19rr but he had a 21rr that we looked at. The salesman had a Rhino and a four wheeler and understood what I was wanting to do. When we measured it, it appeared to us that by driving the left front tire up on top of the wheel well there would be just enough room to get between the kitchen cabinent and the rzr. The salesman said it wouldn't hurt it and invited me to bring my rzr and try it on for size before buying. They also had the WP19 but it only has a 48" wide bed in the front. I also looked at a 19' Toy Hauler (I believe that was the brand) but it had no front bed. Friday I am going to a boat and RV show, supposed to be the fifth largest in the country. I am very impressed with the 19rr and 21 rr and appreciate everyones help. Again the pic is a great help.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #26

I was thinking the same thing about the wheel well. Removing the sofa may help you get to the left as far as possible when you pull in. If the door was wider it would be easier.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #27

Just an update. I purchased a 50" 800 rzr yesterday and it does fit just like jusme said. I backed the machine in so the drivers side is on the kitchen side of the camper. With it backed in you can just step out and be in the door area of the camper without climbing through the back of the rzr. It is almost impossible to get to the bathroom / bedroom with it loaded.....

Hope this helps!
Old 03-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #28

Is it not posible to back it in so the right rear wheel of the rzr is on top of the left wheel well of the camper and gain more room?
Old 03-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusme View Post
Am trying to attach pictures. Hope they work. With the RZR inside the front wheel is right against the storage cabinet.There is about 4in. of room on top for roll bar clearance. You still have to crawl out the back of the RZR to get out the cargo door. You can not get past to get to the front. You can get in the side door but can't go anywhere.I'm not sure how to get tie down straps around the front wheels. Will not be easy. Removing the couch will not be any advantage.When lifting up the cargo door the plate over the hinge goes right against the bottom of the rear wheels. The Harley ramp lifts the cargo door up 9in. off the ground. Gives plenty of clearance. Made of 2in. aluminum angle and aluminum plate. I riveted it all together. The factory told me if I mounted the spare on the cargo door it would void the warranty. I built a carrier under the frame.It is hinged in front and folds down to access the tire. Fold it up and lock it in place. Very easy to get at.Hope this helps answer some questions.
I would love to see some pictures of your tire carrier you mounted under the frame. I was thinking of doing this myself!
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
Is it not posible to back it in so the right rear wheel of the rzr is on top of the left wheel well of the camper and gain more room?

If you remove the couch and get just the right angle through the door it could be moved over a little more. The door opening is narrow so you need to back in at a angle like you were parallel parking. I need the couch so i'm at the space limit.

I like the spare tire bracket too! Nice Job!
Old 03-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #31

I have a spare tire mounted on the back of my rzr and I tried it in the 19rr. The pantry prevented it from going forward enough to close the ramp. When we tried the 21rr the rzr went in with room to spare front and back. Next I backed it out some and pulled back in with the left front wheel up on top of the left wheel well. With this configuration there is just enough room to climb out of the passenger side and also you can enter the back door and get to the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. So, the 21rr is what I bought and I pick it up this Saturday.