Old 07-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
Wolf Pack 27WP Problems

Just wanted to know if any one has any of the same problems with their camper. First, after 3 good trips it's not a bad trailer & does everything we need, however we have a few complaints that hopefully we will resolve. The overall quality is ok it's just seems built to the minimum.
1-The bigest complaint is it only came with rear stabilizer jacks & really needs front ones. FR says they were an option but can't show me how I could of ordered them, as they aren't listed as an option.
2-The awning seems mounted too low & the door rubs on it, FR says they will put a roller on the top of the door.
3-Kitchen counter top has warped & pulled off the cabinets, new top ordered.
4-Didn't come with any bathroom accessories, FR says they don't supply them, really?
5-Squeaks in floor, says that's normal.
There are a few more minor items which I expect to just fix & adjust myself, it's really the front jacks I want FR to supply & install, they said since they are power they would sell them to me for 120$. So it goes back to the dealer this week & I will see what happens.

Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
Do you have a power awning and I find it odd that they would let them out of the factory with such a obvious flaw. The wife and I are finalizing the order and price so we can get ours on order but I'm starting to wonder if ordering from an out of state dealer is maybe the wrong idea. I will be asking about getting the front jacks because all trailers need front and rear jacks so another odd thing Forest River has done with this trailer. I think I had read a previous post of yours and you had an extra window added, do you mind giving me a ballpark number on what the cost was?

Brian E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:08 PM   #3
Yes it is a power awning, which came as part of the power package that also included power stabilizer jacks & a power tongue jack. It just bothers me that FR is trying to say it only comes with rear jacks. As a double check I called a few other dealers & they surprisingly told me, after checking that it only has rear jacks. It is not the cost that bothers me as much as the deception on FR part. Their response about the awning was BS as well, said they didn't have the room, I told them they could of mounted 3 inches higher without a problem & they basically said that's where they put them. So far not real impressed with FR, I owned an Alfa toyhouse before this & quality & customer service were top notch. They did add a window & cabinet for us, the window was opposite the one in the rear with the black out curtain & the cabinet was for over the window with the black out curtain, charged a hundred bucks for both. Our dealer, escape RV in NJ has been great, Joe the owner said he will take care of everything even if FR doesn't, so the dealer does make a difference. All in all it's not a bad unit, & what sold us was the open floor plan, we can get two quads & two bikes in it along with everything else we need plus we can tow it comfortably with our F-150 Raptor. So if you decide to go through with it I would work out those details with the dealer first, the more feed back FR gets on the jacks & other short comings the better chance they will fix them, good luck.
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:26 AM   #4
My husband and I bought a 27wp just over a month ago. I really like the trailer but it does have some serious engineering oversights. The propane tanks and generator rack on the tongue are a serious problem. We had difficulty making tight turns in a gas station before we even got the thing home. The generator rack is gone and the tanks have been turned 90 degrees, you can turn the thing now. The same time we modified the tongue we went ahead and added two stabilizer jacks to the front. No big deal, drill a few holes and bolt them on. The other major problem was that the thing is so low to the ground. We live in WV and use it to haul atv's so it does go on gravel roads and to a campgroung built on an old strip mine on top of a mountain. We don't go offroading with it but do expect it to go up the driveway without dragging, which it didn't do. My neighbor drives his cadillac up the driveway, it is not rough or steep. We did solve this problem by flipping the axles over. They are now on the bottom of the springs. This added about 5 inches of lift, it doesn't drag now. We just took it on a 600 mile round trip, the thing handles better because it actually has more than an inch of suspension travel. It isn't top heavy and doesn't sway to bad. If we hadn't lifted it we couldn't use it. It is a little high but serves us well. We love the room and intend to use it as often as we can. To bad they have a few issues but everything we get ends up being modified anyway. I still like the trailer, especially after getting it the way we wanted it.
uglydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #5
The only issue I have had with mine so far was that the breakaway switch was mounted too far back on the tongue. The cable pulled out when we were turning into a parking lot on the way home from the dealer. Minor issue, easy fix. I have front stabilzer jacks in the garage and plan on installing them this weekend. I am worried about the rear dragging as well. I am thinking of putting a couple of heavy duty casters mounted on the rear frame to deal with the dragging issue.
chadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:17 PM   #6
I want to thank everyone for the great posts. Just got our first toy hauler, wp 23 and you can bet the front jacks will be on it before we pick it up. Pulling it with a Silverado 1500HD with Vortex max 6 ltr. Hope we don't have turning issues with the generator etc on the tongue.

llmk100 is offline   Reply With Quote