Old 02-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #1

Wolf Pup 17 rp.

Just picked up my 2013 17rp yesterday. Left Michigan in the am in a blinding snow storm and drove to Monroe Indiana and back . Love the way the thing tows although the mileage went south on my pickup .. Anyone got any good ideas for a screen for the ramp door and a place to mount the spare tire ? I have been looking at haulers for over a year and we went to the Ft Wayne Indiana rv show last weekend and they had this one in their display and it was just the one we were trying to find to look at. The wife told me to make the deal on Saturday but me being cheap as I am I waited until Sunday and made another 2 hour drive back down to buy it .. I am gearing up for retirement and need everything payed off so I can travel and we wanted something small just for the Harley and the 2 of us although it will also see time at the dirt Sprint Car races too. I liked the price and the weight . Should meet our needs with no problems... Cant wait for spring !
Dave
Jackson,Michigan

Old 02-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new camper. You must've wanted to get it home pretty bad to go get it in a blinding snow storm. Glad to hear you made it home safely.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #3

Well I am on 4 day weeks and weekends so I really wanted to get it home without taking time off work and have a few days to play with it until I go back to work. The drive home was ok with no snow but we hit wet roads on the way back so it really needs a good wash job now.. Thanks
Dave
Old 02-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Welcome to the forum!
Congrats on the new unit!

Turbs
Old 02-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DC View Post
Anyone got any good ideas for a screen for the ramp door and a place to mount the spare tire ?
You might want to check out these threads:

Wolfpup 17RR Spare Tire Install/Hoist Under Chassis pics and instructions - long

Pimp my 19RR!

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #6

Toyhauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DC View Post
Just picked up my 2013 17rp yesterday. Left Michigan in the am in a blinding snow storm and drove to Monroe Indiana and back . Love the way the thing tows although the mileage went south on my pickup .. Anyone got any good ideas for a screen for the ramp door and a place to mount the spare tire ? I have been looking at haulers for over a year and we went to the Ft Wayne Indiana rv show last weekend and they had this one in their display and it was just the one we were trying to find to look at. The wife told me to make the deal on Saturday but me being cheap as I am I waited until Sunday and made another 2 hour drive back down to buy it .. I am gearing up for retirement and need everything payed off so I can travel and we wanted something small just for the Harley and the 2 of us although it will also see time at the dirt Sprint Car races too. I liked the price and the weight . Should meet our needs with no problems... Cant wait for spring !
Dave
Jackson,Michigan
Dave,

Where did you buy your toyhauler? and if you don;t mind how much did you pay? We used to live In Mason, and my husband worked some in Jackson at the airport. We are looking for something for the same reasons you listed and can't figure out want to do.
Kathy
Old 02-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyJo View Post
Dave,

Where did you buy your toyhauler? and if you don;t mind how much did you pay? We used to live In Mason, and my husband worked some in Jackson at the airport. We are looking for something for the same reasons you listed and can't figure out want to do.
Kathy

Kathy I bought it in Monroe Indiana. Smith trailer sales and it was less than the guy near Shipshawana gets. He had 2 and one of them at the RV show in Ft Wayne. We looked on saturday and then went back on sunday and made the deal. The on the door was 9495.99 but they tried to get me for 9995.00. I told them what the price said on the door and that was what I was paying . They agreed to that and told me they brought the wrong one to the show. The one I bought even had some flyers inside with the higher price on them. They charged a 150.00 fee for delivery and something else to get around the tax deal then I payed 6% michigan tax which I am waiting for a check back from them any day for that then I will pay when I apply for my michigan title. One thing I didnt get was why they applied for the Indiana title. All i needed was the Certificate of Origin and I was good to go so they got me for a couple bucks there also. Hope to get everything all done here next week if the title shows here then once this damn weather breaks off we go
Dave
Old 02-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #8

Dave, Thanks for all the info. The price sounds pretty good. We looked at a 17 footer but it was a 17RR and they wanted just under 13000.00. That was in Holton Lake. The only difference I can see is that the RR fenders are on the outside of the trailer and the RP is under the trailer.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #9

THE RP HAS MORE ROOM ... I would look for the RP.. I havent tried loading my bike yet and I know its going to be tight but we didnt want to pull our house and as far as the shower and crapper go they have that at the campgrounds so it with the capacities of the holding tanks would make a better closet .. But in a jam ..
Dave
Old 02-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #10

Well I had a friend give me under counter coffee maker and I got it mounted. One thing I found that really annoyed me was the under the bunk storage. The hole to lift the piece of osb was placed over near the wall on the sink cook top side making leaning over to try to pull it up a chore and you know how something moves ehwn you try to pick up one corner. Then on the other side of the opening which doesn't go all the way to the outer wall and neither do the mattresses ? They could have installed 1 more piece of 2x2 to rest the osb on when you lift it. One little move and the stupid thing falls into the opening as there is nothing for it to rest on on the other side .. Problem solved by adding a 2x2 .. I actually added 2x2 all around the under side of the access panel then I bought some cheap small hinges and hinged it to the front section. I also re-drilled the lift hole in the center. I made a prop for it out of a piece of plastic tubing so I wasn't holding it up while accessing or storing items in there. Its the little things they dont do at he factory that could make these units even better. I will have to take the camera out and get some pics of my work. I really wished my unit had the outer storage access door and wonder how much of a job it would be to add or have one added. Anyway so far so good. I have more ideas but they will have to wait for a bit as time allows.
Dave