Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2016, 09:16 AM   #1

Wolf Pup 17 RP Toy Hauler

Hi All,

We just put a down payment on a wolf pup toy hauler. Had a few questions for anyone who may know:

1- What size TV will fit on that bracket? I cant seem to find the dimensions of the area (inside) that is designated for the tv mount.

2- Does the cd player also play DVDs? Im guessing no since there arent and av hookups.

3- where do you keep anything? Storage seems very limited! Things like bathroom supplies, kitchen, cleaning...storage is so limited.

4- Any other tips? We will be using this basically every weekend my son races motocross, my husband, me and 4 & 8 year old boys. Im a first-time camper and am having anxiety about being in that small space (Ive already deemed the sofa bed as mine

Thanks so much!
franco928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:26 AM   #2

I don't think I would go any bigger than a 32 inch tv that's what I went with in my 27 rr and I looked at the one your getting . That's the one I wanted but wife wanted the slide out. Don't know about storage on that one but when you get your television if you're going to use the factory mount which is plastic it works fine but I bought a metal one that is the same and works fine but your television needs to be the style that connection either aims to side or up or down if it aims straight out and towards wall it won't work. The radio will play DVDs, mp3 usb Bluetooth. Sorry so long
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:39 AM   #3
AlR

We have a Work n Play 18EC. We'll store extra stuff in several plastic totes. Sounds inconvenient but works fine and is handy for loading in the house and carrying out to the trailer. The totes are stackable so take up very little floor space.

My spouse resisted camping for 30 years until I got the toy hauler. She loves it now.
AlR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:51 AM   #4

Also if you look by the tv mount you should have a coax hook up and also a AV jack there. I know the radio on mine does not have a AV in but at tv there is .
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 02:07 PM   #5

Thanks for the quick replies!

Im not sure the area is large enough for a 32". Just saw some videos and it loos like the one they sell as an option w the camper is a 26". Its an awkward narrow spot above the window, where the mount clip is located. Anyone know what the bracket that mounts to the tv looks like? Does is project out and move or does it mount the tv flush to the wall?

There was a coax jack on the ceiling and an electrical outlet--nothing else. Im looking into TVs now with built in dvd players as I dont think the stereo system has that capability--I assume the coax goes to the antenna, not the stereo--bit can the tv somehow play through the speakers?

Anyone know where to find the complete owners manual? I have found links to more generic manuals but looking for a model-specific manual.
Thanks again!!
franco928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 02:41 PM   #6

wolf pup space

First, get rid of the table and the backrest on the couch thingy. They take up too much space and you don't need them. Instead of a table, we use these tripod things to hold up the back end on our toy hauler. (see pic)

Get a few boxes to store under the couch or on the top bunk.
We were told that DVDs could be played in the CD player but since the player is built in the cabinet, you can't reach the DVD slot. Don't know if it's true or not.

We love our wolf pup toy hauler. Even I (a grandma with zero experience driving with a trailer) don't mind driving it in mountains because we have the special, heavy-duty hitch that keeps it from swaying. It stays in its lane, handles super easily because of the single axle, and parks sweetly in so many places.

Also, we travel light and store most stuff in our our Chevy Silverado.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0037.jpg
Views:	1052
Size:	455.5 KB
ID:	99099  
pcurtiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:51 AM   #7

1) You can do different sizes of TV if you a) move the mount, b) change the mount out for an articulating arm mount, c) use VESA adapters to move the mounting holes higher for bigger TV (Link)

I used the arms for one of those Sony PS3 TVs, just because I had one sitting around. See the attached pics.

2) Do yourself a favor and get a small player instead of trying to lug DVDs around. You can get little media devices that let you store and play content directly, like a Roku with a small external hard drive attached. You can just mount/glue it to the back of the TV and then you don't have to fuss with physical media. There's free software to rip your DVDs, if you have a large collection (check out Handbrake, it's easy to use and 100% free).

3) I second the bins. I use a mix of bins with the swinging lids for "permanent storage" and some collapsing crates (Link) for things that are used at the track/campsite and only put away when it's time to leave.

4) Few random tips:

I use a rack on the back of the bathroom door for towels, tp, shower supplies.

Get some retractable ratchets to reduce the headache of dealing with straps (Link).

Make sure you take care of yourself at the track, as in, get some comfy "zero gravity" chairs, a decent music player, etc.

There are cool accessories you can get for the "utility track" in the awning. Everything from LED lights to full misting systems to keep cool. Have fun googling options.

You can grab a 5-6 watt solar "battery tender" charger that you can leave plugged into the "solar ready hook-up" on the side of the Pup to keep the battery charged without big cables criss-crossing your driveway.

Alternatively, sometimes I keep my pit bike (Honda Grom) and both track bikes in the trailer with the RV power plugged into my house power (with one of these Link) and then have all three bikes on their own battery tenders inside the trailer. That way, all four batteries are being topped off in one location.

If you're doing dirt, I would also highly recommend some heavy duty mats to scrape mud
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0588.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	340.7 KB
ID:	99157   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0592.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	309.7 KB
ID:	99158  
haldavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:36 AM   #8
Black Bear Family

wolf pup

We own a 17 RR Wolf pup. DVD's don't play in the stereo and ours no longer even plays CD's, disappointing. As for space, we use over the door towel holders on cabinets above the sink. I bought a canvas over the door shoe organizer to put on outside of bathroom door for sunscreen, bug spray, chargers, toothbrushes...wall mount trash can for inside the bathroom, store suitcases under sofa, and I can't find the link to the best space saver- wall mounted collapsible cup holders, under the cabinet mounted tissue dispenser. Now that my two are 13, I worry with my son being in the top bunk and being too heavy. Yours are still young though and fit well in the trailer. Oh, and we also put a nice futon mattress on the bottom bunk which I share with my 13 yo. I cook mostly outdoors and have a multi-cooker in which I use for boiling pasta and such instead of firing up the gas stove indoors. We also keep a storage bin outside of the trailer with additional supplies like extra paper products, grilling utensils. Lots of command hooks to hold hoodies, keys, toiletry bag, hats... Have fun riding!!
jrhawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:43 AM   #9
Black Bear Family

dirtbikes secure in toyhauler

Bolt It On, Serious Racks for securing dirtbikes.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:27 PM   #10

I have a Wolf Pup 16FB and have found an over the door shoe holder is perfect in the bathroom. Twenty-four decent size pockets. Be sure to get one with clear pockets so you can easily see everything. Less than $10 at Walmart.

2015 Nissan Xterra "Large Marge"
2015 Wolf Pup 16FB "Land Barge"
2014 Schnoodle "Jax"
terrmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:34 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by franco928 View Post
Hi All,

We just put a down payment on a wolf pup toy hauler. Had a few questions for anyone who may know:

1- What size TV will fit on that bracket? I cant seem to find the dimensions of the area (inside) that is designated for the tv mount.

2- Does the cd player also play DVDs? Im guessing no since there arent and av hookups.

3- where do you keep anything? Storage seems very limited! Things like bathroom supplies, kitchen, cleaning...storage is so limited.

4- Any other tips? We will be using this basically every weekend my son races motocross, my husband, me and 4 & 8 year old boys. Im a first-time camper and am having anxiety about being in that small space (Ive already deemed the sofa bed as mine

Thanks so much!

If your worried about space did you look at the 19rr? A little heavier than the pup but has more storage.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:32 AM   #12
Black Bear Family

adjustable drink holders-camping world

I found the adjustable drink holders from Camping World for 6.99 item number 4176 . They collapse when not in use.

Tags
toy hauler