Old 03-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #11

The other thing I was going to add- find yourself a small ceramic heater with a thermostat; similar to this one. That way if you are camping where there is power you can use their electricity instead of your propane for heat.

Especially with units as small as ours; a small heater can do the job of keeping the whole trailer warm. The one I linked above is small enough that it can sit on the kitchen counter behind the stove.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #12

Thanks Ken. I have similar to that with a Tstat

Old 03-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #13

Wolf Pup

We just got T16p two weeks ago, I have added several hooks to hang stuff on. Added a fold down table to the left side of the stove about 16x24 inches, this made my wife happy. added a towel rack from Walmart on the insde of the bathroom door. Trying know to find out were to place a jack in case I have a flat tire,. The axle on this trailer is different than any ive had before.-------RICH1941
Old 03-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #14

Are you guys using sway bars or WD hitch? I have a Chevy Silverado so I have plaenty of truck to tow this trailer.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:54 PM   #15

I've just towed mine home from the dealer so far. Used a friend's GMC Sierra 1500 and really barely felt it behind us. Of course that was as dry as it could ever be. I'm taking it in for a service vists this weekend with my new Acadia so I will let you know how that works. The plan is to get a weight distributing hitch this summer sometime. I live right next to British Columbia; and they require one for any trailer over 3500 pounds. Apparently they are pretty strict; to the point where they will impound your trailer.

Speaking of the trailer going to the dealer; be sure to check the manufacture date of your Wolf Pup. Apparently there is an issue with the roof seals. I can't find my letter at the moment; but I seem to recall it affected trailers manufactured around the early spring of 2010. (These will still be 2011 model years.)

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-09-2011, 06:31 AM   #16

Thanks for the tip on the roof seals. I had to order my wolf pup and wait for it to be built (with the options I wanted). Hopefully I won't have that problem.
Rich, i'm going to ask them at the dealership where I should place a jack underneath. I'll let you know what they say. I take delivery and go through the demo in 3 weeks. I have a 4 way lug wrench and i'll pick up a jack before I hit the road with it.
I have a copy of the second year warranty printed off just in case the dealer can't find it. They want to sell their extended warranty of course. If not for this forum I wouldn't even know about the 2nd year warranty.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgharp View Post
I had to order my wolf pup and wait for it to be built (with the options I wanted).
What kind of options were available? I bought mine off the dealer's lot, so it came the way it was. I'd be curious to see what I mave missed out on; or if any of those options are something that could be added after the fact.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #18

Just curious folks but can't the leveling jacks be used to lift the trailer enough to change a tire?
Old 03-09-2011, 11:07 PM   #19

I specifically asked that question when I picked up my trailer; and was told that the jacks and that part of the frame were not designed to take that kind of stress.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #20

Ken options off the top of my head were: upgraded awning, TV, AC, interior solutions, exterior solutions, fold down bumper shelf. When it comes to changing a flat, i'm going to get a small 2ton jack at walmart and some wheel chucks. I have a 4 way lug wrench already. The wheel chucks are because you'll have to take it off the hitch or you'll be trying to jack up your tow vehicle too.