Old 06-14-2011, 10:54 PM   #31

Hi guys,

Just bought a Wolf Pup 17B. I hope to learn alot about the Wolf Pup from fellow owners. The likes and dislikes.

Daniel

Old 06-14-2011, 11:15 PM   #32

Welcome to the foum Daniel! Feel free to ask us anything.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #33

My girlfriend just picked one up in MI. She drove all the way from Fl ot pick it up. We will be going camping in about a week or so, after she recovers from that trip to MI. It was 1350 miles one way. She is on her way back now and should be here in FL by Friday or Saturday. I can't wait to see her and the Wolf Pup.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #34

What model did you get?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #35

I got the 16p extra
Old 06-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #36

Now that you've have the pup for awhile how do you like it? Any problems?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #37

We have only been out camping once; and I was quite pleased with it. A couple of minor things that I have done or am going to do:

- Toilet paper holder. With the shower and the toilet being one unit; you need something dedicated to hold the TP. I installed mine on the door.
- Upgrade the foam. The mattress isn't all that good, so I have been looking at upgrading it. Now part of that is I am a bigger guy, so I sink right through it.
- I personally think the dining room table could be a few inches shorter. It's a tight squeeze to get seated; and I could see an accident happening when it's full of food. I bought a couple of these trays to use until I come up with something more permanant for the table.
- Based on what another user did in this thread I also built a cover for the stove. It was quite handy to have that extra space.

Overall, still happy with my decision to go with this trailer. The one thing I didn't go for that I think you did (based on the model name) is I didn't go for the extra room. Let me know how you like that- part of me regretted not seeing that option; however one of the reasons I ruled out other hybrids was for better safety while camping in bear country.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #38

Just wanted to share some pictures of a few mods that I did. The first thing is the toilet paper holder. I bought that holder at Ikea; and screwed it directly onto the door.

The second picture shows the addition of the paper towel holder and a spice rack. The paper towel holder is where it is because I didn't want it directly over the stove. (For those of you unfamilliar with this unit; the stove it to the left.) The paper towel holder was bought at Home Outfitters; it was on clearance for $5. The spice rack came from Ikea; and the reason for the placement there just off centre is to make sure one side hits a stud.

I was worried about where the power line ran for that plug just to the left; it comes down from above according to my non-contact voltage meter. I would recommend verifying before you try on your own unit; as there could be differences.

Also visible in the one picture is a sink plug I bought as I found the factory one leaked. The one I bought was 1-5/8" in diameter. And if anybody with eagle eyes is wondering why my thermometer shows an "outdoor" temperature of -15; I keep the sensor in the freezer. That way by looking at the high/low temperatures I know if the freezer has gotten above 0. (32 F.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	6650   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	6651  

Old 07-04-2011, 03:34 AM   #39
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
however one of the reasons I ruled out other hybrids was for better safety while camping in bear country.
just a question from a hybrid owner. do you have info about a bear getting into a hybrid?
what bear country are you referring to?
Old 07-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #40

I don't have a specific instance in mind; just that if you plan on keeping food in your trailer you want to make sure it is at least hard walled. On my list of reasons to get a trailer; one was so that I could be in a structure that was a little more bear resistant.

And by "bear country"- I am referring to any time you are camping where bears live. Seeing as 90% of my camping is in western Alberta or Eastern BC; there are bears around here. So you have to be a little more careful.