Old 07-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #41
Moderators' Assistant

having a hybrid, allows you to "turtle" if you have such concerns. you don't put the canvas ends out, you just sleep on the sofa or dinette, like you would in a smaller TT.

but i've camped in Glacier, Yellowstone and Yosemite, with the ends open, without having to "turtle". but if i'd stayed at Fishing Bridge campground in YNP, i would have had to "turtle", since it's the ONLY campground in the country that has a permanent ban on soft-sided RVs.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #42

I have done some upgrades to my wolf pup my question is how do I post pictures on here.

Jerry

Old 07-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #43

Be sure to click on "Post Reply" to get into the full editor; the quick reply doesn't have what you need. Then click on the paperclip icon to be able to browse to the pictures stored on your computer.

Let me know if you need more detailed instructions; I'd be happy to help.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #44

Does anybody know if the wolf pup has a water filter within the camper some where?

Jerry
Old 07-05-2011, 05:55 PM   #45

No, it doesn't. However under the bench that is beside the fridge is the "mechanical room" of the trailer. It looks like it wouldn't be that hard to add one inline.

The debate about drinking campground tap water has been made on this forum before; but in my mind if you are concerned enough to want to install a filter; then you may as well just bring bottled water from home.

The one thing I have to worry about that you don't is winterizing; which is another reason why I wouldn't install a filter. Just one more thing to worry about in the process.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #46

Thanks ken0042. No I'm not worried about the campground drinking water, I was just curious. We always bring bottled water with us when we camp. But we do coffee and cook with the campground water. Beleive it or not last winter we did have temps down to 22F for a few nights. I turned the heater on in the camper on those nights.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #47

I thought about creating a new post, but I was afraid that everyone with a Wolf Pup wouldn't see it or few would. My family and I went on our first camping trip this past weekend. I noticed that when I filled up the fresh water tank, the clamp wasn't secured very tight and water leaked all over the inside. After some adjustments, I seemed to have corrected the problem. I'll keep an eye on it before I go out next. Also, we noticed a crack in the shower pan. Not sure if I should take it down to the dealership or just apply some silicon on it and be done with it. Thoughts? That's pretty much the "bad".

The good. Just before we left, the trailer weighed in at 3520 lbs and I got around 11-12 mpg at 6200' starting out and ending at 7200'. Curious what other owners are getting. I know we all drive different vehicles and I know elevation plays a part in this too but just curious.
The temperature got down to 30 so we used the heater all night and it kept the camper nice and warm.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:13 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc326 View Post
Also, we noticed a crack in the shower pan. Not sure if I should take it down to the dealership or just apply some silicon on it and be done with it. Thoughts? That's pretty much the "bad".
Use the silicone only as a bandaid till you can get it in to be replaced, you bought a new trailer, you deserve it to function as a new trailer, not a patched up trailer
Old 07-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #49

I would take pictures, send them to your dealer; and ask permission (ie- tell them) that you are going to use silicone as a band-aid until you can bring it in. I agree with flyrotor that one of the reasons for paying the premium for new is to get new; however I wouldn't want to risk getting the claim denied becase you attempted to fix it yourself.

As for the leak- we also had a leak in the "mechanical room" under the one dinette seat. (Maybe a total of a 1/2 litre of water.) I tightened things by hand and it held for the camping trip; one of the things I was going to do before our next trip was some further testing.

The one thing I have found is that there will be a few minor items that come up; make a list so when you do bring it into the dealer they can address them all in one shot.

And while we are on the subject; you may want to look into the 2nd year warranty.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #50

One thing I noticed on my Wolf Pup is that the axcel seams to be very close to the ground with only about 6" of clearance.