Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2008, 04:15 PM   #1

Wolfpack 386Wp here we go again!!!

Hi everyone! Well I have more problems with this terrible trailer from forest river. Remember my first post:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ead.php?t=1002

Ok, so here is the deal. I take my trailer to a local dealer for a city water connection repair. It is leaking behind the wall and dripping down the frame rail. The local dealer, who hates me, said he found "no issue"

I get the trailer out and use it the first time this year. I install my battery, park it in front of my home load it and go. three days later the battery, which is new, is dead 1.5 volts. Will not take a charge. So I bop over to an interstate battery dealer and replace it. I store the trailer for the next 2 weeks and BOOM no battery power again. This is after the disconnect switch has been shut off...Hmmmm most interesting.

I report the problem to the dealer I purchased it from, who is 3 hrs one way from me. He would be happy to look it over. The local dealer refuse to look at it ( these guys were 5k higher than the dealer I bought it from) not wanting any trouble over this I called Becky the Forest River west coast warranty rep. Becky tells me: They will fix it for you, they have to. Yeah right...

We go away for a week on a 300 mile trek, spend a week riding our quads and using the trailer. Boy did I find all kinds of problems: the generator would not start, the refrigerator door broke, the sensor inside the fridge is disconnected...Broke, the sliding door to the garage falls off, the bathroom door, will not close, the shower leaks, the outside water leaks, the awning will not snap in when closed. It appears to be bent, the wires are exposed and appear to be shorting out, the trim on the slide fell off, this after the slide stuck then went out. The ovehead fan blade fell off, Hot water heater will only work on LP not electricity, so we finally came home and on the way back decided to drop it off on the dealers lot. While driving down I55 a motorist flags me down and tells me something is draggin under the trailer. So we stop and the underbelly is dragging on the ground. Why...because it was full of water. So the insulation is soaked the underbelly cover destroyed and god knows what is going on with the tanks.

I came home today Sunday 6-22 and immediately sent Becky a nasty gram. This unit is still under warranty, thank goodness.

So, my other problem is that when I purchased this trailer, I was assured by Forest River: Becky, that I could get this unit serviced and any warranty problems fixed at any forest river dealer...NOT! According to the boys at Pontiac rv ( look them up pontiacrv.com) Kevin the service manager specifically, he told me he would not work on my trailer and the forest river rep told him he could refuse to work on it. I am trying to figure out who this rep is and come monday will get my attorney involved again, to try to resovle the problems.

At this point we are just ready to burn this trailer.

I am going to look into filing a complaint with the attorney generals office, AGAIN, not sure if it will do any good but it never hurts to ask. It really upsets me that we missed all the camping season last year and looks like this year is shot as well. We have used it 4 times total since last August. Lets see that comes out to over $10k per use, damn somebody hit me.

I will post more as it becomes available
Blind Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:38 PM   #2

With the problems you state you have had and being in IL, I would drag it one state over and park it in the front door of the office in Goshen IN.

This is to much to believe.

Problems in 10/07 and now 6/08 you post still about the water leak? thats 9 months and I would NEVER deal with this.

If what you state is true a good dealer would have taken care of all of this BS.

Just my opinion and I am no expert but this smells funny.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:37 PM   #3

I sure hope the smell is emulating from Indianna. In fact should you desire to see some pictures let me know where to post them, I have a bunch, especially of the last bunch of BS.

I hauled it to Litchfield,IL Diamond Trailer sales, where I had purchased it. It is sitting on his lot. I faxed Steve the owner a list of problems. I am hoping that he will resolve it.

So here is the challenge for you. If in fact you doubt any of these facts contact Becky Miller at forest river, bmiller@forestriverinc.com
Steve at Diamond Trailer sales, Litchfield IL www.diamondtrailersales.net/

or perhaps Pontiac Rv Pontiac IL. Be sure to ask to speak to Kevin the service manager his daddy owns the business: http://www.pontiacrv.com/

Ask them about the 386Wp sold to the family in Eureka, IL.

I will also try to post a picture of the last underbelly mess, hope it works.

Second picture is difficult to see the water coming out, just look at the ground. This was Memorial day weekend

I have added some pictures of the broken wires, pinched wires and the wire mess from when I removed the panel on the entertainment cabinet.

The pictures speak for themselves and THEY DON'T STINK
These are only some of what I had taken.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	June 2008 St Joe State Park 073.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	910   Click image for larger version

Name:	Memorial Day @ Badlands 2008 005.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	911   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picnched wires.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	912   Click image for larger version

Name:	broken wires0.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	913   Click image for larger version

Name:	Subwoofer wiring.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	914  

Old 06-23-2008, 02:59 AM   #4

Pack of matches .49
Gallon of gas 3.89
collecting insurance Priceless!!!!
eandsphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:18 AM   #5

Sad to say but that is some terrible workmanship. Hope they get it right for you but man there is alot of problems on that unit.

I now clearly see why you are so upset and I would be also.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:09 AM   #6

I just got off the phone with the RV Dealer. His service guy is working on my problems and has the list. He also added that his service tech was shocked as in 120 volts, while the trailer was plugged in and he touched the stabilizer jack. He indicated that there is only supposed to be about 3 volts running thru the frame ground. Mine has 100 volts. Thank you Forest River!

He tells me also that forest river had 4 techs come to their facility in the spring to resolve electrical issues on the trailers they had in stock. Most of the problems were electrical and were all the same problems I had encountered. He even told me of a unit that had to have the roof removed to gain access to a ground for the awning ac plug. It was not grounded and apparently the forest river tech got blasted.

Still waiting on more answers.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandsphotography View Post
Pack of matches .49
Gallon of gas 3.89
collecting insurance Priceless!!!!
My thoughts exactly! I was considering at least 10 gallons, want it done right!

Someone put me out of my misery
Old 07-03-2008, 12:21 PM   #8

I spoke to the dealer today after all they have been working on it for over a week now. Here is what they have found:

Black water tank was ready to fall out! The support backets were not attached at all, simply set in place as I understand it.

The Grey water tank had a conncetion that was not tight at all, the vent line was off and the connection from the main sink wasn't connected to anything! All the grey water was going into the underpenning....

The City water connection was not tight at all, so they replaced it completely.

The generator had a staple, screw, or some type of fastener thru the gas line and it was pinching off, and leaking gas. After this was fixed, the fuel pump went out on it. Now it has to be replaced

The awning wiring has been replaced and the awing adjusted.

Sliding door to the garage is being replaced. The coach grounding system is now working and all circuits are now GROUNDED. they were not before.

A ground fault outlet was installed in the bathroom, there was a standard outlet there to begin with.

The slide was adjusted and an "issue" with the motor has been fixed. Unknown to me but I was told the slide out trim was missing, so they have ordered that and will install it.

Outside cable outlet was not connected, in fact there were no wires running back there at all.

Freezer door latch was replaced.

Water heater element was faulty, no wonder we had no hot water....

Bathroom doors were removed and are being replaced.

I can hardly wait to get it back...Geez what a mess! We are trying to schedule a tour and meeting with forest river for the first week in August to discuss face to face this "lemon" of a trailer. So far they are not very receptive. We will see......
Old 07-03-2008, 07:15 PM   #9

At least something is getting done with.

Good on you for sticking with it.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:16 PM   #10
Site Team

Sounds like the dealer is going through it very throughly. Once all is said and done you'll have a much better than new unit. Good luck with everything.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:48 PM   #11

So, having been just about three weeks now I again contacted the dealer today. He has informed me that they are waiting for parts from Forest river. These are the parts that Becky Miller the forest river rep told me she would expedite the shipping....it has been a week since they were ordered. Way to go Becky, looks like she will be getting a call in the morning to call her out on her lies.

The dealer also informed me that the lift motor for the jacks was burned out. So we need to add a new motor to the ever growing list. I will have to see if there is any backup available in case this happens while out camping.

We have also been looking at some other brands of trailers, found a raptor that we are going to consider once this trailer of ours is finished. Not sure if I can stand to have the thing back after all of this.

We are still pretty peeved about having missed another week outing and keeping the fingers crossed that it is done before 8-1 so we can take off for 2 weeks. If not I may purchase the Raptor and take off, god help me!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 02:37 PM   #12

When dealer says unit is finally done, maybe tell him you can't wait and will be there with your attorney to pdi the camper and repairs? Honestly, I really emphathize with your experience and hope all works out in future. As far as other manuf. go-I just heard WW and Ragin? are going under and have shut their doors. No warranties for those owners, I wonder?
granite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:59 PM   #13

The Final Battle

I spoke to the dealer in litchfield friday afternoon to find out the parts were NOT there. I spoke to Becky Miller and she told me they were shipped via roadway instead of ups. So the delivery time were be later. This really mad me even worse off as I had just spoke to her previuosly the day before and she assured me these would be sent and recieved the next day by the dealer.

I told Becky that I was going to contact my attorney at which point she said our conversation was done. Hmmm, I buy a trailer that they made poorly, it costs me time and extra cash and our conversation is done....ok, no problem. I asked for her legal counsels name, again....she hung up.

Wow what great customer service!

I reeived a call about 30 minutes later from Mike.....I have to look his last name up, sorry. Mike tells me he is the head of the Cherokee division. He said he was looking at my history folder on the trailer and asked what he could do to help....DUH....Ok, how about get the parts to the dealer, teach your people some professional customer service skills and pay me for my time!

Mike called the dealer and authorized him to take parts off another new unit on his lot to get mine up and going so I could have it Saturday. He said he instructed them to go ahead and work overtime and he would pay for it.

I reeived a call 2 hours later from the dealer to inform me my trailer was ready for pick up. Mike did call me Saturday to make sure my trailer reapirs were complete and to my satisfaction. He aslo said Forest river" was committed to total customer satisfaction" sounds like junk to mebut, the botom line is it is repaired and I now have my trailer back at home. We can proceed with our vacation plans and will be leaving this week thanks to Mike.

I sure hope nothing else goes wrong however given the record of this trailer, we are going to look at another company. Would I nuy another one...NO. I do appreciate the effort Mike made to speak to the dealer and get this unit back on the road for us.

As a business owner myself I would expect a company to provide excellent customer service. Money isn't always what we look at when it comes to closing the deal.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:31 PM   #14

Man you have really gone thru some crap with your TH. I noticed that you were looking at a Raptor. Well I will tell you that my riding buddy bought a 35 foot Raptor brand new and he has had many issues with his. To name a few The generator only runs for 30 minutes and dies, the AC only works once and awhile, the heat only works once and awhile. Of cource they dont work when its above 80 and below 50 outside. These problems still exist after 3 years. He gave up on the dealer. Thye could never find anything wrong when he took it in for service. So I guess what im saying is it does not seem to matter who is making it as much as who is willing to fix it with out the hassel and in a timely fashion. Its kinda like the grass is greener on the other side. Hopefully your TH is fixed and ready to give you decent service. Good luck.
Odyknuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:40 AM   #15

BR, methinks you made the FR warranty dept. crap list with your complaints. They seem to make arguers jump thro hoops to get issues settled. That is a Poor attitude with the economy and sales going into the dumper. In addition, they don't seem to appreciate that we buyers LOVE their product, we just want everything to work as promised. We are their unsung advertisers, they should be jumping thro hoops to keep us selling their products. Oh well, good luck to you.
granite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:25 AM   #16

I`ve had no issues with my Cherokee 32B except of course for the Concertone!

BTW I purchased mine from Pontiac RV. which is 2 hours from my house. best dealer excperience i`ve had! I too could have taken it to another dealer but the bottom line is unless your nice to the dealer you want to take it to they don`t have to work on it. same goes for car dealers. We bend over backwards for the nice polite customers and the ones that whine and complain and argue we will do very little if anything for, because nothing will ever make them happy! sorry but thats just the way it is. ask any one in PR!
On the Concertone issue it was replaced once by the dealer. a year later it went out again. I called FR and they sent me another one to replace the bad one. no questions asked! it`s sounds as though you had an attitude right off the bat with them. if that is the case that will get you nowhere fast. I was polite right away, they apologized and sent out the new one, I had it it in 3 days.

Good luck!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee wolfpack