Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #1

Would you recommend a 396wp?

DH and I are seriously considering purchasing a Wolfpack 396wp. New. Are there owners out there who would recommend this unit? Are there owners who would NOT recommend it? Why? What are the issues and how difficult to resolve? Thanks!
marielw824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:14 AM   #2

I have an 08, 396 and quite happy with it. We pull it with a 3500 Dually and have had no problems.
Rockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:27 PM   #3

Wow ... Thanks Rockey. 43 people have viewed and only you have responded. Are that few on the road? I'm not sure what to think. Were there any issues you had once you got it home? Thanks again.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:55 PM   #4

No major issues to speak of, had some warranty work done after the delivery inspection but the dealer took care of that. We live in Florida and have made a few trips to Michigan and back with no problems. I wish that mine had the bedroom and bath access on the curb side because I have no access with the slides in. Other than that we really like it.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:27 AM   #5

Excellent. This really is the floor plan that seems to work best for us. We hope to purchase this coming spring. Thanks again.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:24 AM   #6

Wolfpack

Hi Guys. This is Rockey's other half, K. I thought you may like the woman's view point. We looked for four long years. We had given up on a 5th wheel. We couldn't find one we liked...until this one. The newer ones are even better. We went to the manufacture's last year to watch them being built. They are located in IN. I would highly recommend this Wolfpack. We plan to live in ours as soon as our house sells. I like the idea of packing up our bikes, hooking up our truck to our trailer with everything we own in it and being able to go wherever, whenever. We live in FL. I cringe every time there is a hurricane coming. As soon as our house sells I won't anymore. Ours is loaded with all the extras. Do your research first to find out what they offer and what you want.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:07 PM   #7

K, thanks. We have only been looking on-line for a little more than a month. It is between a Cyclone 3950 and the Wolfpack 396wp. DH travels so much for his job we will winter with him where his work is (this year is South San Francisco ..... NEVER AGAIN!). It is too damp here. Even if it isn't raining, it's damp with the fog. The windows and walls weep. Driving me nuts.

We live in Idaho ... can't really go to the factory and do a tour ... just for a tour's sake. If the savings are enough, we'd consider going to IN to investigate with the intent to buy.

Right now it's seems to, on looks only, to be the Wolfpack 396wp that is for us. BUT we will continue doing due diligence.

GREAT for you to be fulltiming ... full time. I hear you. I grew up in Boston & Southern NH. The hurricanes there weren't nearly as bad as down south, but the Cape got a few!

Enjoy! Mariel
Old 02-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #8

Hi, I bought a 2009 27DFWP brand new in AUG 09 and love it. At near 33' total length I think it's the longest TT I'd like to pull. I'd check your tow specs of your '97 2500 and match it up with the TT you're looking at. I've got a '95 F250 Powerstroke and I'm near my limits. Take a look at the 27DFWP and if you like it make sure you get 5000 lb axles.
Jetroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by marielw824 View Post
DH and I are seriously considering purchasing a Wolfpack 396wp. New. Are there owners out there who would recommend this unit? Are there owners who would NOT recommend it? Why? What are the issues and how difficult to resolve? Thanks!
A friend of mine had a 2008 295wp that he purchased, used 3 times and then had health issues and was unable to travel, I helped him sell it when he became disabled. I went with him on 2 of the trips and it was a nice handling, well made toy hauler, he ordered everything including the fiberglass exterior and it was beautiful. It sold to a buyer in Arizona. Both of us agreed that it is one of the best for the money. He bought it online at ebay from this seller;
http://myworld.ebay.com/mark_mwrv
and got one heck of a deal, you might give it a try, they delivered it right to his driveway, i have attached a picture. Happy camping!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wolfpack 001 (Small).jpg
Views:	304
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	2159  
commander ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:06 PM   #10

08 396WP Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by marielw824 View Post
We have been very pleased with our unit. I condsider the construction somewhat above average for an RV. The kinks that arose were easily worked out. Pulls fantastic with my 2008 Ford F350 single rear wheels truck.

The only "cheap" thing is the power awning. It never sheds heavy water properly and the motor is too light duty for an awning this size. Only other thing I would change would be the seating. I would remove the 2nd table permanently and take that section of seating out and but a good sofa or 2 recliners in place.

I have mine posted in the for sale area as our on the road projects have dried up.

We LOVE the garage for hauling and general storage.

rick
rickdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:05 AM   #11

If you buy one of these in Idaho I would love to come look at it! we have pretty much decided on a 39wps but there are none around here to take a walk through and it wont be till at least Sept that I go back to get one as I plan on flying into the area and picking up a brand new Superduty close by to save me on 1 way cost.
oregoncalfroper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee wolfpack