Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2014, 05:01 PM   #41

Super c is way cool but big bucks. The things will haul about anything. I can't imagine that there is a lot of difference between a 37 foot and the 39 I have. My 390rb is so easy to drive. I never feel it to big except when it needs washing. Take a new or used Berkshire for a test drive. Can't hurt. FR Diesel division is great to deal with and a good quality product.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:44 PM   #42
Anacortesians

Rick:

I'm a bit late in this thread, but I thought I'd weigh in with my six-penn'orth. We started out with four kids under 12 in a tent. Everyone enjoyed being out in nature, but weren't to keen on a canvas enclosure, particularly in the Pacific North Wet. We gave up family camping in the tent after maybe three trips.

After the kids had left home, we decided to revisit the lifestyle and bought a 1985 26' Class C with the Ford 460 motor. Although we liked the lifestyle, the 460 was such a POS (6 mpg at sea level and about 4.5 at altitude - we have quite a lot of altitude around here). Also, the layout (corner bed, pedestal tables) was a disaster,

After getting rid of that rig, we waited a couple of years and then bought our present 32' Class A. We love the spaciousness and the fact that the driver/passenger area is part of the "house" when you're docked and swivel the seats around. For the two of us and the two Labs, 32' with two slides is sufficient (except when both the dogs decide to share the QS bed with us!).

I particularly appreciate the fact that when moving from the residential area to the driver's seat, I don't hit my head on the aft edge of the overhead bunk. We looked at a few Class C's before we bought our present RV, and I was disturbed by the number of them that had very long overhangs aft of the rear axle. One in particular had warnings on decals in the bedroom are "Do not travel with waste in the grey or black tanks". Apparently, the rear axle was so close to its load limits that weight aft of the wheels was a major issue.

Wouldn't go back to a "C" or even switch to a "Super C". Just my opinion.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:15 PM   #43

I wanted the A. My wife and kid wanted the C. I got out voted. My son made the over head bed area into a "Batcave". We keep all his toys up there. Well worth the sacrifice of going C. My biggest complaint about the C?. Is everyone asking why I did not get an A.
Fozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:25 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRP View Post
If that's the case your handling is not setup right. I have a completely stock Sunseeker 32 ft class c and have no handling issues. I don't even notice a semi passing me whether going in the same direction on a freeway or coming at me in a two lane road.

We love out Class C and we frequently have the debate on whether to go with a Class A or not in 4 or 5 years. The only only thing we'd like to have in our C is a bigger shower and vanity area, otherwise it's been perfect.

The ease if getting around will be missed if we move up. We have decided no more than 36 or 37 feet tops on our next motorhome if we go class a. I personally would like to go super c.
Turns out you're right. After that post and reading on these FR forums I got the tip to check the rear air suspension pressures and it was at about 10 lbs both sides. This probably explains all the sway. Guess it's live and learn.
I will admit the wind was something else on that trip so I Dont expect a car like ride in a vehicle this size.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Forest River Forums mobile app
howzball is offline   Reply With Quote