Old 12-28-2015, 11:38 AM   #1

add a quick disconnect

has anyone added a quick disconnect for propane for there BBQ, some trailers and coaches come with them already, was thinking of adding one on my coach, anyone have a part number or a web site that you can order one, thanks

hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:12 PM   #2

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-59853-Pr...ick+connect+rv

Old 12-28-2015, 12:24 PM   #3
Site Team

The propane system in the RV is low pressure so if you add a quick connect it will be low pressure. If you have a standard grill/stove that l runs from a 1lb tank, it will not work on the low pressure side of your system. There are a few low pressure grills/stoves out there, but they are more expensive than the more common high pressure ones. Before you go to the effort of adding a quick connect port, be sure you have a grill/stove that will operate on low pressure.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:10 PM   #4

I had my dealer add a quick connect to the propane system as part of the sale for our Cedar Creek. The dealer plumb in the connection point ahead of the gas lines on the second tank, this works great. The fitting is a tee with a screw port and self sealing connection, then the propane hoses are connected to the fitting. I have used this connection for our Weber Q120 grill with no issues.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:02 PM   #5

Or you can simply remove the regulator from the Weber and it works on low pressure. This is a very popular option.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:23 PM   #6
Citrus County, Fl.

Since you have a motorhome, this is what you want if your grill currently uses the little green tanks that screw on http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014JG7RQ/...QLBPGUNZ&psc=1

This will retains the bbq regulator and allows you to grill away from the rig like I did at BamaGanza15
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #7
Pickin' & Campin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
The propane system in the RV is low pressure so if you add a quick connect it will be low pressure. If you have a standard grill/stove that l runs from a 1lb tank, it will not work on the low pressure side of your system. There are a few low pressure grills/stoves out there, but they are more expensive than the more common high pressure ones. Before you go to the effort of adding a quick connect port, be sure you have a grill/stove that will operate on low pressure.
Here is a popular option for the Olympian BBQ as well as the inexpensive Walleye World brands of BBQ's and others. It will make these grill usable on low pressure.
It screws right to the burner like the OEM regulator but is just a gas control only. Works like a dream. I have less than $40 in my grill set-up. (I had a hose)

Camco Control Valve

Camco Control Valve & Hose
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
Days Camped: '15=22 '16=46 '17=30
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:58 AM   #8

What is a high pressure grill? All that I have ever seen will work if you don't put another regulator on them,just remove the regulator like on a road trip that's standard with a built in regulator at the fitting in the back you just add a quick disconnect to the grill and use the rv's regulator. That would be on the outlet side of the regulator anything on the inlet side would be higher pressure. I have never seen a small grill that run on high pressure. I'm sure there might be something out that I haven't seen but most will operate at water column pressure not psi.