Old 09-22-2016, 08:09 PM   #11

ants

I use Borax. Pour around the perimeter of your trailer all the way around. Ant well be gone. I have done this several times after an old timer told me about it. Really works.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:12 PM   #12

As far as the power cord goes, stick your finger in a jar of vasoline (sp), leave a ring on it and wipe it off before you put it up. Seemed to work for me.

Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:23 AM   #13
River Forest Sunseeker 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by imchuys View Post
1 cup hot water, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup borax. Stir until dissolved, soak cotton balls in this mixture and place inside and outside. Initially the cotton balls will be completely covered in ants, by the next day they will all be gone.

This is sort of similar. I used to live in Louisiana. Lots of roaches. I would make balls of borax and condensed milk and leave them around. Never saw them again except dead. (Never saw ants either but they weren't a problem in the first place in this scenario).
Old 09-23-2016, 04:57 AM   #14

Many of the campgrounds in SC will come out and spray for you. fire ants are a problem so most of them will be out to check and spray even for regular ants.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 07:01 AM   #15

I bring ortho home defender always with electric wand. I encircle the whole rectangle space completely around my unit first making sure I'm not parking over ant hill. Then I spend a few minutes looking for any HILLS around my unit within up to 25 ft let's say. Although neighbors may have issues I have nothing..I do same thing around my home 3 times a year and never have any INSIDE, although neighbors spend a lot of money on pest Control services, again no need. At home spray base if your foundation completely around foundation.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:22 AM   #16

When in Florida a few years ago we had fire aunts. The people there used 20 mule Team borax and sprinkled on and around the ants. The next day they were gone.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:21 PM   #17

Fire ants are vicious. I will sure try this as it's better than pouring gasoline on 'em and lighting it, although not as satisfying.

This is a true story, a man that owned a pest control business and was successful enough to have 3 in neighboring towns for YEARS told me this is what he did in his own yard: He got a shovel of one ant pile and put it in another pile and vice versa.
I used to do it all the time. However, I feel it just made them move, you never really got rid of them. But, you kinda never really get rid of them anyway.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:24 PM   #18

to Ballzitch: "Then I spend a few minutes looking for any HILLS around my unit within up to 25 ft let's say"

The dang things sometimes don't have hills, you are standing there minding your own business and suddenly they're all over you.

I just got your name when I wrote, urcrzy.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:30 PM   #19
3071DS

Ant, Ants and more Ants ....

Spent one day mowing grass on an empty lot, tall grass. Keep mowing around this grass covered stump about 4' tall and 6' diameter. Got too close with the mower and just grazed it. Found out that this was no stump. Biggest fire ant mound I have ever seen. This was in South Carolina. Got rid of them. About 30lbs of fire ant killer did the trick. I cringe to think the results of someone falling into this thing.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Dorothy, Miss Bella and I. Sometimes daughter and grands, loving life.