Old 07-30-2016, 09:00 AM   #1
Love my Rev

atwood on demand problem

First of all , I am no expert and my Dynamax 24rb is my first camper. I like so many others have had trouble with the on demand hot water heater - I now believe they work like they are supposed to but " user error " and " builders of these coaches and campers " use restricted shower water valves that don't allow enough water to pass through them . If you unscrew the flexable line on top of shower valve and see the small opening that all of your hot and cold water must pass through - you will maybe understand . For your on demand to work proper it needs at least .5 gpm ( for my model 90222 ) so it is too restricted for hot and cold together - so my thought is maybe to turn down heat by the " modulating valve " and only use the hot side , or find and install a water valve with much less water restriction on its output . Hope this helps for those who just think that " theirs " doesn't work right.

Old 07-30-2016, 10:44 AM   #2
Love my Rev

update

works great now , turned the modulator to min. and only use the hot water valve in shower and the water stays a perfect warm. Couldn't get any spark for awhile until I found the small hose on the pressure switch was full of packed dirt and
larva behind that , cleaned that out and fired right up !

Old 08-17-2016, 10:42 AM   #3
Love my Rev

update on my water heater problem

My out side hot water worked fine with what I had done and said , But ! Once we went again on small trip and used the inside shower - it was not working like the outside valve. The pump was still cycling on and off rapid fire and hot water was spotty . I just took off hose to shower and underneath the white plastic insert with very small hole ( put something small like tooth pick or tiny screwdriver into hole and pri up ) you can take this black rubber " part " out and put back together and that fixed my pressure and hot water problem - again lol