Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2016, 12:09 AM   #1

Auxiliary Braking

You all were pretty convincing about flat towing my jeep Liberty,even though I knew that was the way to go. I thought it would be nice to have a choice of which vehicle to take, but knew adding 500 lbs to my tow weight could be an issue. Well I was looking for braking systems for the tow vehicle and came across PPL Motorhomes . They are having a sale on the BRAKEBUDDY Vantage Select . It is priced at $1089.89 + 9.99 shipping. The cheapest I could find it was $1219.00 on amazon. Seems like a good deal. Is this a good unit ? Does anyone have this unit ? Opinions?
ron377ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:10 AM   #2

that is a good system and average price but go to eBay first. Normally in the spring there are a number of auxiliary breaking systems on sale by people who stop RVing. Back on 2009 I bought all new. Now that I understand the systems and process I would never do it again. I have helped several in my group buy used and they get set up for 1/4 the cost I paid.

You can get everything from tow bar, cables to breaking systems if you look and are patient.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
that is a good system and average price but go to eBay first. Normally in the spring there are a number of auxiliary breaking systems on sale by people who stop RVing. Back on 2009 I bought all new. Now that I understand the systems and process I would never do it again. I have helped several in my group buy used and they get set up for 1/4 the cost I paid.

You can get everything from tow bar, cables to breaking systems if you
look and are patient.

X2. Great system and they have great service. I lost the end to the power cord ( my fault ). I emailed and asked if I could purchase another end for the cord. They just got my address and sent me another cord at no cost.
GJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:12 AM   #4

I bought a invisible brake system. Came in at just under $1000. It fits under seat and rechargers the battery. Hook up and go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
outloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:23 PM   #5
7 Year Class A RV'er

X 2 on the Invisibrake. Only $900 at Amazon. Installed under the front seat, never have to remove or adjust it. Don't even know it's there. Run with the coach headlights on to power the trickle charge feature on the toad so no dead battery. My buddy the mechanic installed the Invisibrake, base plate and light wiring kit on my Wrangler in about four hours total.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB with 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Toad
Gigi, Poppy and Sadie the Jack Russell (all 14 lbs of her)

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:04 PM   #6

Invisibrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptumator View Post
X 2 on the Invisibrake. Only $900 at Amazon. Installed under the front seat, never have to remove or adjust it. Don't even know it's there. Run with the coach headlights on to power the trickle charge feature on the toad so no dead battery. My buddy the mechanic installed the Invisibrake, base plate and light wiring kit on my Wrangler in about four hours total.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB with 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Toad
Gigi, Poppy and Sadie the Jack Russell (all 14 lbs of her)
X3, Installed in my Ford Escape, no muss, no fuss, works perfectly for more than 15k miles now.
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote