Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2010, 07:19 AM   #1
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Awning on a Slide

I don't know if this is a dumb question or not, but could you mount an awning on a slide? From what everyone is saying plus my own observation, the awning on our Berkshire appears to be pretty much useless. Could one be mounted on the slide?
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #2

There is no such a thing as a dumb question but not clear on what you are asking they make slide topper but that go over top of slide out but if you are wanting one to sit under on your slide that i dont know So what the matter with the one on your Berkshire
Sorry i know i`m not much help but was wondering why such dislike for your awning not familar with the berkshire so a little more info could help
Old 03-25-2010, 09:26 AM   #3

Several manufactures or RVs have awnings on there slides. Monaco is one that I can think of. The rest are window awnings that are on slides. Our George town has a slide that is under the awning and I loose some space. And goes straight out. We added a 30 inch screen (that roles up with the awning) with gromets so we can add a sun screen and extend the awning cover when were parked.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy02 View Post
There is no such a thing as a dumb question but not clear on what you are asking they make slide topper but that go over top of slide out but if you are wanting one to sit under on your slide that i dont know So what the matter with the one on your Berkshire
Sorry i know i`m not much help but was wondering why such dislike for your awning not familar with the berkshire so a little more info could help
Chevy02,
There is an awning on the side of the Berkshire that is over a large slide out. With the slide out, the awning comes out almost perfectly horizontal to the ground and there is no way to tilt the awning because of the slide out under it. This makes the awning almost useless for shade since it is very high and almost perfectly flat.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
I don't know if this is a dumb question or not, but could you mount an awning on a slide? From what everyone is saying plus my own observation, the awning on our Berkshire appears to be pretty much useless. Could one be mounted on the slide?
Yes, you can. Many other companies do it. Usually you see it more in the larger diesels. Just think of all the full body slide motorhomes out there, they have to do it this way.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Ahh, as always the group has been very helpful. I don't think they are changing the slide on the 2011's, which ours is, or should I say will be (rig is on order). I'll check with the dealer to see if this is a possibility to put together. Although a thought I just had is that the addition of an awning on the slide may put the coach wider that 8'6".
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning