Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2016, 04:45 PM   #1

Battery Control Center

I went to start the motor home engine over the weekend and the battery just couldn't spin the starter fast enough so I was going to put the battery charger on but the hood release would not work. It has been pretty cold here and the hood latch was frozen. Anyway I put a coach battery in so I could use the emergency start button to start the engine to help thaw the hood latch so I could put the charger on.
I push the emergency start, turn the key and nothing. So I decided to check the battery control center and I look at the diagram on the cover and see where the fuse goes for the emergency start and there is no fuse. After some more research on the forum I find that it is a 5 amp fuse so I put the fuse in (this is the one in the picture) and now it works. I ran the engine long enough to get the hood open and charger going.
It appears that the fuse was never installed but I also noticed a couple of other things inside there. There is an empty fuse slot for the arctic package I have never had to use it but without a fuse? or is it wired elsewhere? Also there is an empty fuse slot for "boomerang" what ever that is, and another for an electric awning. On the Lexington's an electric awning was not an option but what is interesting there is wiring to it so where does the wire go to?
I remembered a post a few months back regarding the battery control center and found it, it was posted by Grumpy who also has a 2012 Lexington and on the pictures he posted there are several empty fuse slots, identical to mine, also without a fuse for the emergency start switch and arctic package.
Take a look and you may find that some fuses are needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0813.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	415.2 KB
ID:	97308   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0819.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	408.8 KB
ID:	97309  
clhjsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:28 PM   #2

The Arctic Pack fuse is in the main power distribution panel in our year model 2011 Sunseeker 3100. That's the panel with the 120 volt breakers and 12 volt fuses. Judging by the illustrations you attached, you have a later model than ours, but your Arctic Pack fuse may be located in the main panel.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:04 PM   #3

That's good to know and worth checking! If you have no electric awning, I wouldn't worry about that one...just because there is an empty fuse slot does not mean any wiring was put in. However, it might be which means it might be easier than you would think to add an electric awning motor if the wiring is already in there. I would think if it wasn't an option, there would be no reason to pre-wire it and 1-2 good reasons not to (parts, labor).
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery