Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2018, 01:34 PM   #41

Send a message via AIM to Hi Rider
Best Portable Space Heater for RV

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions. I ended up buying two. One is the DeLonghi radiant heater. It is somewhat smaller than the last one I bought and it also has more controls including a timer for setting "on" and "off" times. I use this one for prolonged stays at home base. The other is the Lasko Ceramic heater. And I really like it and will use it when traveling. So thanks again. Your suggestions were very helpful.
2020 - 162 Days and 5,359 Miles
2021 - 113 Days and 3,835 Miles
2022 - 35 Days and counting, and 3,372 Miles and counting
Hi Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:29 AM   #42

Portable Space aheater

We have a Dyson AM09 Heater/ Cooler that we use fort the winter season to keep the inside warm and dry. We plug it in, put the cover on and forget about it until spring. It can be set up to go on an off intermittently, We also use it in the early fall to keep comfortably warm in the last days before winterizing. It is expensive, but you don't have to buy another one after that. it doesn't have open coils or any heat emitting hardware that can burn you (although it does get hot)...
https://tinyhousehugeideas.com/dyson-am09-review/
louiejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:54 AM   #43
Mod free 5er

Added a 20 amp circuit for our Eden Pure electric heater. Works great. Have used it for 4 yrs now with no problems. Even re-wired the furnace so the blower works without the burner so it will circulate the warm air thru the floor vents and the underbelly.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:51 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Added a 20 amp circuit for our Eden Pure electric heater. Works great. Have used it for 4 yrs now with no problems. Even re-wired the furnace so the blower works without the burner so it will circulate the warm air thru the floor vents and the underbelly.
Can you walk me thru how you did this? I would like to put my big delonghi oil heater (digital with thermostat and timers) by the heater intake recirculation so hot air can circulate thru my floor ducts and help prevent tank freeze.

Thanks!
TranceX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:00 AM   #45
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranceX2 View Post
Can you walk me thru how you did this? I would like to put my big delonghi oil heater (digital with thermostat and timers) by the heater intake recirculation so hot air can circulate thru my floor ducts and help prevent tank freeze.

Thanks!
Which part?
Old 10-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Which part?
Capability of turning on the propane heater fan without turning on the heater. I figure finding the wire to the squirrel cage motor, tapping it, and applying switched 12 volts is the way to do this. Don't want to reinvent the wheel if you already did this. Perhaps, there is a relay that can be tapped so can use smaller gauge wiring?
TranceX2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater