Old 10-17-2015, 08:07 PM   #1

Best price

Hi all, I'm happy to be a part of this forum. I'm looking to purchase the Forest River Forrester within the next six months. I've had a smaller RV, aND A larger RV. I haven't driven the Solera/Forrester but I like what I see and hear.
Can anyone give me information on what a good price is for a 2016? My local dealer is offering one for $88,000. Thank you and happy trails

Old 10-19-2015, 08:38 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum. To accurately answer your question you will need to list the floor plan and what options the unit has installed. If that price is for a "S" floor plan, with no options, it isn't that good...if that is a fully optioned W floor plan it is very good!

Generally you can negotiate a discount some where between 20 to 35 percent off of the Manufactures Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) or "sticker price". That discount will depend on how popular the floor plan is, the season, and how bad the dealer wants to move the unit.

Just a FYI the Solera brand name has recently been discontinued by FR. However the same MBS models are available now branded as Forester and Sunseeker. If you are looking at a new Solera the name change doesn't impact their warranty and it would still be a good choice.

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:41 AM   #3

Best price

Hi Wayne, would it be fair to say that a winter purchase in California might get me a better price?
Old 10-19-2015, 10:45 AM   #4
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Depending where you are in Cal I doubt you have winter prices. Later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:14 AM   #5

Best price

LOL this year we're looking at a fierce winter......for California anyway.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntielo1 View Post
Hi Wayne, would it be fair to say that a winter purchase in California might get me a better price?
Not necessarily...you still have to deal with availability and popularity. There are folks here who go to CA from the East Coast to buy a specific RV and folks from CA that go to the East Coast.

There are several big RV "stores" on the web. I suggest you visit some of them, like RVT.com, and do a search for the unit you are considering. That will give you a good idea of prices to use as leverage with any local dealer or other web based dealer....

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:01 AM   #7

Not sure where you are in CA, but I bought mine from DeMartini RV in Grass Valley and was very pleased with my experience there. I live in Oregon and chose DeMartini initially because of an excellent price which was complimented by their salesmanship.

2016 Forester MBS 2401S
Old 10-23-2015, 04:21 AM   #8
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntielo1 View Post
Hi all, I'm happy to be a part of this forum. I'm looking to purchase the Forest River Forrester within the next six months. I've had a smaller RV, aND A larger RV. I haven't driven the Solera/Forrester but I like what I see and hear.
Can anyone give me information on what a good price is for a 2016? My local dealer is offering one for $88,000. Thank you and happy trails
get a quote from RVW and RVDirect and use them to shop around with.
but i'll warn you, Cali dealers will laugh in your face and tell you that if you want that price, go buy from them.

we experienced that and ended up buying our HTT from a Chicago dealer. we drove 4000 miles round trip and still saved over $4000. even after trip costs.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote