Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2015, 03:59 PM   #1

Bought A Class V Hitch

We're starting to plan some long trips for the next two years, one to Canada and Alaska, towing our Subi. After reading a few posts where some found the welds breaking on their class 3 hitches, went and checked mine out.
Its ok, but a good look showed the receiver box was only attached by a small plate and 3 simple welds.
I always err on the side of safty/caution. Got to looking at class 5 hitches and found a Draw Tite 41945 which has the same frame width as whats on there now. Really beefy hitch with 1500 tounge and 10000 capacity. Ordered it, not for the xtra capacity, but for it's construction. Figured $224 bucks/free shipping, was cheap insurance and would give me peace of mind.
It'll be here in about a week and I'll take a few pic's when I get it installed.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch