Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #1

Camping literally on the beach with your Motorhome.

Driving down to South Louisiana this weekend to Holly Beach. Have never been there before. Apparently due to Hurricanes there are no campgrounds but people camp right on the Beach. My concern is getting stuck in the sand of course. Have heard the surf fishing is amazing is why we are going. Anyone been there ?
Frank & Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:31 PM   #2

I've driven through there a few times, never camped there. There use to be lots of "camps" there until Rita wiped them out. I do hear that lots of people still go there on weekends.

Google Rita hurricane pics in Cameron. You will see a bunch of before and after pics.

2013 Berkshire 390 BH
Old 08-14-2014, 10:41 AM   #3

Went down for the weekend, was unbelievably hot ! Trailered our Trike but didn't get much riding in until late in the day. There is one campground on Hollybeach that had full hookups. Very nice people. Even have a few campers to rent that are set up as there are no hotels there. Rode over to Cameran on the Ferry. 7 miles to the east of Hollybeach. Had a very nice campground there with an awesome fishing pier. Only draw back is there is no sewer or dump station Planing to go back in November to Flounder fish !
Old 08-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #4

Please don't tell everyone about Holly Beach and Cameron.
Those need to be our secret places.
Cajun Rivieras.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Checkeredcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #5

Is there a problem with the salt if one camps on the beach? Would the morning mist cause premature problems?

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:09 PM   #6

We always have a good RV bath after a stay at the beach. Just a routine precaution. If we stay for a long time, you can see the salt buildup everywhere. It has to do damage.
Drive down the shore lines on any beach and look up at the power lines. The salt build up it amazing!
Salt outside/Sand inside. You can't win. But it's worth it

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Checkeredcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:28 AM   #7

Probably the only place you will ever see a double wide on stilts as an ocean front home ! I bet since they have been wiped out twice. 05 & 08 they can't get insurance there. Very unique place. Oops I'm telling our secret again

Tags
camping, motorhome