Old 07-07-2014, 03:50 PM   #11
Have been stuck in the sand on Padre Island National Seashore. Now if want to camp there we go the Malaquite campground (no hookups, just a parking lot and picnic table). From the campground you can see the gulf and hear the waves. That is close enough for us. Mustang Island State Park campground is close to the beach, but you cannot see the waves from there. When we were there a few weeks ago, we could not hear the breeze only the traffic on the highway.

huizarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:16 PM   #12
Dry Camping on Beach at Port Aransans

We've parked our FR3 on the beach at Port A twice this summer. No problems escaping the sand. The first time, the sand was hard packed the entire time. The second time high winds blew lots of loose sand onto the parking area and road along the beach. I was concerned about buildup....I figured 4+ inches of powdered sand would be enough to get stuck. I bought a hoe for $9 at the hardware store on the island. It took me about 10 minutes to gently scrape away loose sand, get to hard pack and create a lane to get out. It worked like a charm.

Like others mention here, we give our MH a good bath when done. I get the slides out and rinse well and also hit the underside and lube the steps. It's a 2 hour cleaning but it looks great when done. I haven't noticed any rust or issues. I suspect we'll be giving Port A another shot in the next few weeks.

hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:24 AM   #13
i have stayed at this place a few times. you can get back in spots that over look the ocean and only a very short walk to the water.

GALVESTON.COM: Dellanera RV Park
2013 Ram 1500 (5.7)
2014 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:44 PM   #14
Dellanera RV Park. You can see the water and hear the waves.

jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote