Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2019, 04:12 PM   #1

Class C

Looking to upgrade to a class c from a Rockwood mini lite. Have been fairly happy with the Rockwood and I am considering staying with a Forest River Class C. Saw some pretty good pricing on the Forester 3251DSLE. Does anyone on here have any experience with a Forest River Class C that they can speak of good or bad. I like the idea of the full fiberglass roof and cap on the front so I am going back and forth between the Forester and a higher priced Jayco Greyhawk. Any advice or input will be appreciated.
rndsommer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:31 PM   #2

We spent 2 months looking at Class A and C motor homes, and were extremely picky about what we wanted. Things such as solid surface counters, all the plumbing/LPGas/electrical runs in the fixed side. I refuse to have critical components in the slide-outs. Swivel seats, even in a Class C which are comfortable. The Jayco 29MV was nice, but had to many trade-offs and we ended up with a FR Sunseeker 3010DS from Boise.

It has been a fantastic MH and the wife and I are extremely happy with it. Have used it for 20 days in the previous 2 months, in some rough and rugged camping areas. No issues at all and only a couple little additions like hooks and hangers. I did reverse the locations of the bathroom door, and accordion privacy curtain. Not a big deal. Our friends all love it, and at the heights of the storms last week, we were comfortable with 8 adults for extended periods. The construction is good, and I saw very little to indicate it will not hold up in the things we have planned for it.
Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:36 PM   #3

We pulled the trigger on an Entegra Odyssey 31L. Jayco Greyhawk 31fs clone. Liked the layout and seemed to have quality throughout. Picking it up in 3 days.......can't wait. Good luck with yours. We liked the Forester also. Just got a better deal on this one.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:40 PM   #4

That is a lovely coach also. Our friends picked up a Ent. Ody 26 the same week we got ours, and have driven the wheels off it with no issues at all. Good luck and safe travels.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:44 PM   #5

Does the Sunseeker have the full fiberglass roof? I know the jury is still out on TPO vs fiberglass but the hard roof was a must for me.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:59 PM   #6

2016 mine is
Dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:13 PM   #7

Yes, has the crowned fiberglass roof. Very stabile to walk on, no flex with either my wife's or my (280#) weight on top.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:46 AM   #8

Got you by 20lbs. I'll take your word for roof stability. I've destroyed more than my fair share of folding chairs off all kinds. That's embarrassing enough. I'll leave the roof walking to my wife.
Old 07-04-2019, 04:26 AM   #9
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndsommer4 View Post
Does the Sunseeker have the full fiberglass roof? I know the jury is still out on TPO vs fiberglass but the hard roof was a must for me.
My 2017 Sunseker 3010DS has the full fiberglass roof. It was a positive selling point for me.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:27 PM   #10

Have you dealer do a sealtec test on the new unit as part of the pre delivery inspection. After having mine done for the first time, I would highly recommend. The test is designed to look for potential leaks.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 08:33 PM   #11

Getting it at 10am tomorrow. Can it be done on short notice? Not sure what it is
Old 07-05-2019, 09:19 PM   #12

Class C

https://rvleaks.com

Seal tech is a method of testing an RV for potential water leaks by using a blower to increase the inside pressure and than using a soap bubble solution to detect possible leaks. It is the same a using soapy water to find a tire leak.
I had this done on my 2014 Sunseeker. It was very informative. Only cost $200.00 for the test and documentation. Juts putting it out there for information. I posted my test r results on the Sunseeker forum with pictures. My service guys took care of the slideout leaks and I did the rest. I had no roof leaks and some window leaks I took a wait and see.
Enjoy your new unit.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:33 PM   #13

Pretty cool. I'll see what they say. What's $200 when your spending $65k. I would think most weak or leak points should be somewhat universal through the model.
Old 07-07-2019, 02:54 AM   #14
Senior Gold Member

Class C

Just bought a new 2019 Sunseeker 3010 DS Ford which is similar to the Forrester line. It was loaded with full paint, air bags, levellers, swivel seats, spare tire, 6 speed transmission, ladder and Fiberglas roof. We had it on two short trips towing our Toyota iM just to see how it all works. It’s in the shop now with warranty deficiencies but that can be expected on any new RV of any type. We love the huge amount of interior and exterior storage. Have ordered steering stabilizer as wife got caught in a couple of bad side wind gusts that put her off and she is an experienced driver. Going on a bigger trip in July and hope to have everything just the way we want it for our 5000 mile annual trek to Arizona in January[emoji41]

Tags
class c