Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2016, 08:53 PM   #21

We live north of you on Whidbey Island. We use an ADCO cover, not so much to protect from rain and definately not to protect from sun, but to protect from tree sap. I have no choice but to park under a fir tree and it creates a huge mess without the cover.

It is a two person job to get on but gravity helps to get it off. A day or two break in the weather will dry it out enough to get the cover on.
coupevillefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:18 AM   #22
Sunseeker 2400MBW

jjSpeedwagon

This works well for us[/QUOTE]

Hey, that's nice! I want one.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:30 AM   #23
Sunseeker 2400MBW

[QUOTE=coupevillefish;1371793]We live north of you on Whidbey Island. We use an ADCO cover, not so much to protect from rain and definately not to protect from sun, but to protect from tree sap. I have no choice but to park under a fir tree and it creates a huge mess without the cover.

It is a two person job to get on but gravity helps to get it off. A day or two break in the weather will dry it out enough to get the cover on.[/

Yesterday was nice enough to dry out some. But ... we were at work. Y'all live in a beautiful area, my husband's favorite. I imagine we will get a chance to cover it soon.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:24 PM   #24

As I read this post most of you are living here in Washington. If you covered your RV, do you also keep it warm by placing some type of heater inside?
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:16 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor View Post
As I read this post most of you are living here in Washington. If you covered your RV, do you also keep it warm by placing some type of heater inside?
Have covered my motorhomes for 6 years; no issues and they look great after the winters. I also cover the tires. Avoids 6 months of UV exposure as well. Get one of the best covers that breathes well and fits snugly.

As for keeping it warm, no; it would just waste energy and make a nice warm place for critters to like. My RVs have been though many winters including near and sub-zero temps w/ no issues.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:39 PM   #26

Thanks ilmor. My thought process kind of backward for 1st time owner. Critters love warm places.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:26 AM   #27
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Oh no! We actually bought a little electric heater, comes on at 38 degrees or something like that. It's for boats and RVs. We thought it would keep the humidity down. Hmmmmm don't want critters.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:39 AM   #28

When we return from a trip, I always wash the camper (including the roof) and clean the inside and vacuum it out good. Then the camper goes to the storage lot. If we are going back out in a few weeks I will just cover the wheels but if it will be a month or two, I put the cover on. Also, whenever it is not being used, the wheels are blocked and the jacks are down.

Whenever I take the cover off, I am always amazed that the camper still looks brand new! Using the cover, along with a thorough wax job every year, sure helps. Also, we've never had a problem with mice or other pests.
Capri Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:18 PM   #29

Hi Nancy me too I've bought oil heater and dehumidifier for my rv. I am wrong by thinking it would be good to keep it warm. Well at least I'm not wrong about dehumidifier. I'm learning.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:53 PM   #30

jjSpeedwagon- I like your cover. May I ask what it costs approximately? Did you put it up yourself ?
Tx
Steve
Old 12-01-2016, 05:50 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjSpeedwagon View Post
Attachment 125863

This works well for us
That's almost exactly what I'm looking for... if you don't mind...
what brand is this cover?

thanks

Todd
Days Camped 74
twojump36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:25 PM   #32
Land of the Midnightsun

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxnix92 View Post
jjSpeedwagon- I like your cover. May I ask what it costs approximately? Did you put it up yourself ?
Tx
Steve
Hi Steve. It's is made by Shelter logic. I researched for 3 -4 months and felt they offered the best materials. It's 40' long 16' high and 14' wide. You can get almost any dimension to fit your need. It is well built , all poles are heavy duty and powder coated. The material comes in several thicknesses, I got the heaviest material at 21.5 oz thick The cost for mine was 3500$ plus 450$ shipping. It came in about 2 weeks on 2 pallets weighing 1800 lbs. I did put it up myself and my wife helped time to time. To be honest 2-3 men need to put it up it is a beast. Took me about 3 days. But it was worth it. I string line my foot print for tent had a truck with 8 yards of caliche dumpt first then put tent up over it. Spread caliche out inside then mashed down with pick up. It worked out great comes with 14 3' anchors. Won't move in the west Tex wind and is snow resistance and uv protective. They have website you can get all your info
Elite Ready Brutte tow bar & Blue Ox base plate
Never mistake Knowledge for Wisdom. One helps you make a living the other help you make a LIFE.
jjSpeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover