Old 07-13-2015, 04:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilcin View Post
I am having the same problem with my Dometic model 2652. It has been running for almost a week and a half now with a temperature that will not go below 68 degrees. The freezer is at a steady six degrees. I have tried running it on electric as well as gas, and the same result each time. I also travel with the refrigerator in gas mode.
Sounds like partial blockage in coil leading to refrigerator section evaporator. Try tapping coil and capillary tube leading to fridge section with wooden dowel
"Dometic recommended method."
Unit should be online to remove blockage.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Jim, level trailer. I used it on Memorial day and refrigerator worked as it should. Closed trailer up and for 1 month and July 2 opened it up and this is when it wouldn't cool down.
Ok, try this. Shut it off, might have to pull the fuse or circuit breaker. Wait a few minutes then turn it back on. Make sure it is in auto, it should stay there as long as you are on shore power. If not it should automatically switch to gas and you should hear it trying to light. If it is switching to gas check your propane bottles to be sure they are on and not empty.

If you have a regulator that switches tanks automatically do not rely on it, switch your tanks manually if your main bottle is low. Have read quite often from people saying that switch didn't work.

Yes, you are right, the fridge will not run with the gas off when you are traveling. Most leave their gas on for that reason and have no problems. The only time you should have to shut it off is when you come to a tunnel. I think all states require you to shut the gas off at tunnels. I never shut my gas off when at home. I do make sure my hot water is turned off except when needed though, I normally run it on 110 ac anyhow. That way the only time I use the gas is if we lose power and I don't have my generator running.

Jim

oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Sounds like partial blockage in coil leading to refrigerator section evaporator. Try tapping coil and capillary tube leading to fridge section with wooden dowel
"Dometic recommended method."
Unit should be online to remove blockage.
Vince,
Did not get a chance to try your suggestion, just dropped it off at the dealer, under warranty and need the tt back in time for trip to SC. Thanks for the suggestion!
2005 Ford Excursion 6 liter Turbo Diesel
Bilcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtool2 View Post
Ok, try this. Shut it off, might have to pull the fuse or circuit breaker. Wait a few minutes then turn it back on. Make sure it is in auto, it should stay there as long as you are on shore power. If not it should automatically switch to gas and you should hear it trying to light. If it is switching to gas check your propane bottles to be sure they are on and not empty.

If you have a regulator that switches tanks automatically do not rely on it, switch your tanks manually if your main bottle is low. Have read quite often from people saying that switch didn't work.

Yes, you are right, the fridge will not run with the gas off when you are traveling. Most leave their gas on for that reason and have no problems. The only time you should have to shut it off is when you come to a tunnel. I think all states require you to shut the gas off at tunnels. I never shut my gas off when at home. I do make sure my hot water is turned off except when needed though, I normally run it on 110 ac anyhow. That way the only time I use the gas is if we lose power and I don't have my generator running.

Jim
The freezer works fine, just the refrigerator not cooling down. The unit does work on 110 and gas. Just dropped it off at dealer, it is under warranty. Thanks for your post.
2005 Ford Excursion 6 liter Turbo Diesel
Bilcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:09 AM   #15

We use a small battery powered fan inside the refrigerator to cool it quicker. Place it near the fins in the back. It should help. Also we run our generator for an hour while traveling and run the refrigerator off the generator or it will run on gas.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:22 AM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
The freezer works fine, just the refrigerator not cooling down. The unit does work on 110 and gas. Just dropped it off at dealer, it is under warranty. Thanks for your post.
If the freezer is working fine so is the fridge.
It's the same system.
The fridge needs food and beverages In the fridge to work properly.
The more the better.
It's an absorption fridge.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "11 nights"
Old 07-14-2015, 08:58 AM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Cactus View Post
RV 101 question. We have the refrigerator on. The freezer got cold but the refrigerator didn't get real cold. The door was shut well and not continuously opened. Any ideas?

Also, when driving, what is the best way to keep the refrigerator running. If I remember correctly, if propane is off, the refrigerator does not run. I have been told to turn propane off to drive for safety reasons.

Thanks.....

West Cactus, are you still with us? Did you determine if your fridge is a 2-way or 3-way... or can you give us a model number?

Regarding traveling with propane on: there's a multi-page discussion on that topic about 2x per month. My unscientific guess is that 72.8% of us travel with propane ON and with fridge operating on propane.

I think we're back to solving your issue.

Sent (I think)

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:21 AM   #18

Quote:
Please let us know what the dealer finds.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:38 AM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Unfortunately I think the dealer will say it's fine.
As I stated before, if the freezer is working then the fridge is to.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "11 nights"
Old 07-14-2015, 11:15 AM   #20
Drivestregis

There should be an adjustment slide in the refrigerator. This holds the flexible tube hoizontal that regulates how cold fridge is. It probably came off track. It has a "colder to warmer" scale. Put the tune and its holder back on a fin facing straight up and down.The flexible tube must be horizontal for the fridge to work. Jostling food around sometimes knocks of the adjustment slide or tube.

2015 Honda Fit Toad
Drivestregis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator