Old 07-14-2015, 11:59 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
If the freezer is working fine so is the fridge.
It's the same system.
The fridge needs food and beverages In the fridge to work properly.
The more the better.
It's an absorption fridge.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "11 nights"
TURBS,
Yes, freezer works perfectly, not the refrigerator.
It was loaded with food, cans of soda, beer, lunch meat and any thing else found in a refrigerator. Yes, the freezer works but I must assume the refrigerator should cool down below 68 degrees.

2005 Ford Excursion 6 liter Turbo Diesel
Bilcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 12:15 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivestregis View Post
There should be an adjustment slide in the refrigerator. This holds the flexible tube hoizontal that regulates how cold fridge is. It probably came off track. It has a "colder to warmer" scale. Put the tune and its holder back on a fin facing straight up and down.The flexible tube must be horizontal for the fridge to work. Jostling food around sometimes knocks of the adjustment slide or tube.
Ahhhhh, I think you just solved my problem. After my memorial day trip, I defrosted the freezer and wiped Down the refrigerator knocking the sensor and it's holder off of the fins. I put the holder and sensor back, but could have put it on the wrong fin and might not have tune and tubes horizontal. Ugh! I wish I saw this 20 hours ago, before I took my trailer to the dealer! Thanks

Old 07-14-2015, 12:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtool2 View Post
Please let us know what the dealer finds.

Jim
I will let everyone know!
Old 07-14-2015, 12:26 PM   #24

Do you have a small fan inside your fridge? I find if my fridge is full you do not get enough circulation by convection alone to keep the bottom and front of the fridge cold. By putting a small fan inside it makes a big difference.

Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe
2 Mtn. Bikes
4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 12:30 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivestregis View Post
There should be an adjustment slide in the refrigerator. This holds the flexible tube hoizontal that regulates how cold fridge is. It probably came off track. It has a "colder to warmer" scale. Put the tune and its holder back on a fin facing straight up and down.The flexible tube must be horizontal for the fridge to work. Jostling food around sometimes knocks of the adjustment slide or tube.
Not all fridges are the same. Mine is automatic, has no adjustment or settings according to the manufacture.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:13 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilcin View Post
Ahhhhh, I think you just solved my problem. After my memorial day trip, I defrosted the freezer and wiped Down the refrigerator knocking the sensor and it's holder off of the fins. I put the holder and sensor back, but could have put it on the wrong fin and might not have tune and tubes horizontal. Ugh! I wish I saw this 20 hours ago, before I took my trailer to the dealer! Thanks
The slider does not control the reefer directly, nothing does as shown in the diagram of the cooling unit, all refrigerant goes from the freezer to the cooler box. If the fluid is restricted or if the freezer takes all of the capacity the reefer gets none as displayed in this thread. Note they are two distinct heat exchangers. The slider range is maybe 34 to 50 not 68. Fluid is not reaching the cooler section for some reason, not control problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reefer.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	82908  
Old 07-14-2015, 08:49 PM   #27

Vince. Anywhere you know where i could find more info on why fluid is not reaching the cooler section.
Thanks Mike
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:12 PM   #28

Mike, start here. https://m.youtube.com/user/FordRVRefrigeration
Old 07-14-2015, 09:18 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Vince. Anywhere you know where i could find more info on why fluid is not reaching the cooler section.
Thanks Mike
I always look up 'Dometic" refridgerators, or Ammonia refrigerator systems. There was an excellent theory paper written in the 80's by Dometic design engineer. The method is very old and the paper described what can and does go wrong including how blockage occurs. I didn't try the WIK, it may be there also.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:29 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
The slider does not control the reefer directly, nothing does as shown in the diagram of the cooling unit, all refrigerant goes from the freezer to the cooler box. If the fluid is restricted or if the freezer takes all of the capacity the reefer gets none as displayed in this thread. Note they are two distinct heat exchangers. The slider range is maybe 34 to 50 not 68. Fluid is not reaching the cooler section for some reason, not control problem.
VinceU,
Great post, just to clarify my other post, the actual temperature in my refrigerator was 68 degrees. In my refrigerator there is no temperature reference that I can see. Thanks.

Tags
refrigerator