Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2015, 10:59 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
If the freezer is working fine so is the fridge.
It's the same system.
The fridge needs food and beverages In the fridge to work properly.
The more the better.
It's an absorption fridge.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "11 nights"
TURBS,
Yes, freezer works perfectly, not the refrigerator.
It was loaded with food, cans of soda, beer, lunch meat and any thing else found in a refrigerator. Yes, the freezer works but I must assume the refrigerator should cool down below 68 degrees.
2005 Ford Excursion 6 liter Turbo Diesel
Bilcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:15 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivestregis View Post
There should be an adjustment slide in the refrigerator. This holds the flexible tube hoizontal that regulates how cold fridge is. It probably came off track. It has a "colder to warmer" scale. Put the tune and its holder back on a fin facing straight up and down.The flexible tube must be horizontal for the fridge to work. Jostling food around sometimes knocks of the adjustment slide or tube.
Ahhhhh, I think you just solved my problem. After my memorial day trip, I defrosted the freezer and wiped Down the refrigerator knocking the sensor and it's holder off of the fins. I put the holder and sensor back, but could have put it on the wrong fin and might not have tune and tubes horizontal. Ugh! I wish I saw this 20 hours ago, before I took my trailer to the dealer! Thanks
Old 07-14-2015, 11:16 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtool2 View Post
Please let us know what the dealer finds.

Jim
I will let everyone know!
Old 07-14-2015, 11:26 AM   #24

Do you have a small fan inside your fridge? I find if my fridge is full you do not get enough circulation by convection alone to keep the bottom and front of the fridge cold. By putting a small fan inside it makes a big difference.

Current: 2019 Sunseeker 2290S
Previous (2012-2016): 2012 Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe, 2 Mtn. Bikes & 4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:30 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivestregis View Post
There should be an adjustment slide in the refrigerator. This holds the flexible tube hoizontal that regulates how cold fridge is. It probably came off track. It has a "colder to warmer" scale. Put the tune and its holder back on a fin facing straight up and down.The flexible tube must be horizontal for the fridge to work. Jostling food around sometimes knocks of the adjustment slide or tube.
Not all fridges are the same. Mine is automatic, has no adjustment or settings according to the manufacture.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:13 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilcin View Post
Ahhhhh, I think you just solved my problem. After my memorial day trip, I defrosted the freezer and wiped Down the refrigerator knocking the sensor and it's holder off of the fins. I put the holder and sensor back, but could have put it on the wrong fin and might not have tune and tubes horizontal. Ugh! I wish I saw this 20 hours ago, before I took my trailer to the dealer! Thanks
The slider does not control the reefer directly, nothing does as shown in the diagram of the cooling unit, all refrigerant goes from the freezer to the cooler box. If the fluid is restricted or if the freezer takes all of the capacity the reefer gets none as displayed in this thread. Note they are two distinct heat exchangers. The slider range is maybe 34 to 50 not 68. Fluid is not reaching the cooler section for some reason, not control problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reefer.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	82908  
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:49 PM   #27

Vince. Anywhere you know where i could find more info on why fluid is not reaching the cooler section.
Thanks Mike
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:12 PM   #28

Mike, start here. https://m.youtube.com/user/FordRVRefrigeration
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:18 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Vince. Anywhere you know where i could find more info on why fluid is not reaching the cooler section.
Thanks Mike
I always look up 'Dometic" refridgerators, or Ammonia refrigerator systems. There was an excellent theory paper written in the 80's by Dometic design engineer. The method is very old and the paper described what can and does go wrong including how blockage occurs. I didn't try the WIK, it may be there also.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:29 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
The slider does not control the reefer directly, nothing does as shown in the diagram of the cooling unit, all refrigerant goes from the freezer to the cooler box. If the fluid is restricted or if the freezer takes all of the capacity the reefer gets none as displayed in this thread. Note they are two distinct heat exchangers. The slider range is maybe 34 to 50 not 68. Fluid is not reaching the cooler section for some reason, not control problem.
VinceU,
Great post, just to clarify my other post, the actual temperature in my refrigerator was 68 degrees. In my refrigerator there is no temperature reference that I can see. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:50 PM   #31

Thanks to all. Nothing better than learning how that thing keep's stuff cold.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:44 PM   #32

Quote:
I am having the same problem with my Dometic model 2652. It has been running for almost a week and a half now with a temperature that will not go below 68 degrees. The freezer is at a steady six degrees. I have tried running it on electric as well as gas, and the same result each time. I also travel with the refrigerator in gas mode.
Ok, an update to my problem. I dropped the TT off at dealer 7-13. Had a 1 week wait for them to look at it, as they were already booked up with TT in front of me. They finally looked at it on Monday the 20th, they determined the cooling unit was burned up and ordered a new one. Was told that the part would arrive by Friday and the trailer would be ready. Well Friday came, no part, I was promised new cooling unit would be in on Monday morning. The part arrives Monday and they install the part on Tuesday morning. Was told the unit overnight to make sure it works and as of Tuesday afternoon, the unit was cooling down. I call today, am told that the cooling unit is not cooling the fridge down. The Tech was still trying to determine why.

I am scheduled to leave on a 2 week trip tomorrow. I went to the dealer and the tech came out to talk to me as to what he found. He said on my TT the Dometic ref/freezer should have a fan kit installed in the rear of the unit to keep the cooling unit cool. He placed a space fan behind the refr and the temperature dropped to 41 degrees and than when taking the fan away the temperature shot up and the cooling unit heated up. He looked at a schematic from Dometic and this setup requires a fan kit. He told me that when the ref/freezer is located on a slide there is not enough draft and the unit heats up eventually over heats. I asked the tech if he could take a fan kit from one of the TT for sale on his lot and when the fan kit for me comes in replace that in the TT fore sale. The tech said, none of the TT they looked at on their lot had a fan kit and were on the phone with FR trying to see if what they will be doing. I wasn't being charged for the fan kit of labor. Dometic instructed the tech to disable the ref/freezer until the fan kit is installed. This sound correct???

Now they loaned me a smaller ref/freezer to use for my trip but it only works on 110 so I will have to wait till I get to the CG to plug it in and use it.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:13 PM   #33

Quote:
Ok, an update to my problem. I dropped the TT off at dealer 7-13. Had a 1 week wait for them to look at it, as they were already booked up with TT in front of me. They finally looked at it on Monday the 20th, they determined the cooling unit was burned up and ordered a new one. Was told that the part would arrive by Friday and the trailer would be ready. Well Friday came, no part, I was promised new cooling unit would be in on Monday morning. The part arrives Monday and they install the part on Tuesday morning. Was told the unit overnight to make sure it works and as of Tuesday afternoon, the unit was cooling down. I call today, am told that the cooling unit is not cooling the fridge down. The Tech was still trying to determine why.

I am scheduled to leave on a 2 week trip tomorrow. I went to the dealer and the tech came out to talk to me as to what he found. He said on my TT the Dometic ref/freezer should have a fan kit installed in the rear of the unit to keep the cooling unit cool. He placed a space fan behind the refr and the temperature dropped to 41 degrees and than when taking the fan away the temperature shot up and the cooling unit heated up. He looked at a schematic from Dometic and this setup requires a fan kit. He told me that when the ref/freezer is located on a slide there is not enough draft and the unit heats up eventually over heats. I asked the tech if he could take a fan kit from one of the TT for sale on his lot and when the fan kit for me comes in replace that in the TT fore sale. The tech said, none of the TT they looked at on their lot had a fan kit and were on the phone with FR trying to see if what they will be doing. I wasn't being charged for the fan kit of labor. Dometic instructed the tech to disable the ref/freezer until the fan kit is installed. This sound correct???

Now they loaned me a smaller ref/freezer to use for my trip but it only works on 110 so I will have to wait till I get to the CG to plug it in and use it.
Yes, tragic but correct!
Old 08-01-2015, 07:16 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Yes, tragic but correct!
We are dealing with it, although, wife is is making a voodoo doll in the shape of FR and sticking pins in it every day!
Old 08-04-2015, 09:18 AM   #35

Ok, so while at Willow Tree RV resort I managed to talk to a Bill Baker at Forest River RV and explained my refrigerator problem. He told me that a fan kit was only an option for my PALOMINO Puma 32DBKS. I took out the installation instructions from Dometic state that for an island kitchen with refrigerator located on slide the fan kit is REQUIRED. I explained that I am on vacation for two weeks without a refrigerator and freezer. Mr Baker told me this is a situation that has to be discussed with Forrest River and Dometic. He then said that he will call the Dometic representative in the factory and get the fan kit sent to a dealer down here to get my refrigerator working and he will deal with who is responsible for the fan kit later, didn't want me going two weeks without a refrigerator! That was at 10 am yesterday, by 10:30 am Dometic called with an authorization # for the dealer. So now I am waiting for the dealer down here to call Dometic and get the repair started. I will keep everyone updated. Finally, Just a Thanks to Mr Baker for standing behind Forrest River and taking care of the customer.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:52 AM   #36

Quote:
Ok, so while at Willow Tree RV resort I managed to talk to a Bill Baker at Forest River RV and explained my refrigerator problem. He told me that a fan kit was only an option for my PALOMINO Puma 32DBKS. I took out the installation instructions from Dometic state that for an island kitchen with refrigerator located on slide the fan kit is REQUIRED. I explained that I am on vacation for two weeks without a refrigerator and freezer. Mr Baker told me this is a situation that has to be discussed with Forrest River and Dometic. He then said that he will call the Dometic representative in the factory and get the fan kit sent to a dealer down here to get my refrigerator working and he will deal with who is responsible for the fan kit later, didn't want me going two weeks without a refrigerator! That was at 10 am yesterday, by 10:30 am Dometic called with an authorization # for the dealer. So now I am waiting for the dealer down here to call Dometic and get the repair started. I will keep everyone updated. Finally, Just a Thanks to Mr Baker for standing behind Forrest River and taking care of the customer.
Sounds like you are making out OK. Tell the wife to change the design of her voodoo doll to look like the dealership you bought your unit from, LOL.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:38 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtool2 View Post
Sounds like you are making out OK. Tell the wife to change the design of her voodoo doll to look like the dealership you bought your unit from, LOL.

Jim
Jim,
Will tell the wife. And yes, my dealer dropped the ball big time on this. They were more worried about getting paid first instead of doing what was right.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:13 AM   #38

Refrigerator is fixed!!! Coast RV of Conway SC ( just outside of Myrtle Beach SC) received the fan kit at 11 am on Thursday August 6th. They came out to my camp site at 5pm and by 6:30 fridge was working!!! I did have to pay the labor for the install because Dometic would not pay for that, but Bill Baker of Forrest River, Palomino Division told me to forward the receipt to him and FR would reimburse me, as this was not my fault, it was FR and Dometic fault. I thanked Mr Bill Baker for standing by their products and making sure the customer is happy with the results, and I am. Now, onto my leaking shower in the Puma!

Tags
refrigerator