Old 09-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #1

Fmca

F you own a MH you owe it to your self to join this club. They are a MH only club and the info you get from them is excellent. Again I'm pretty new so I'm still learning but they have been very helpful.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #2

I recently went to the Indianapolis FMCA rally. There were 2400 motor homes. I would estimate that class C, Class B and Van type such as Road Teck had less than 10%. FMCA seems to be focused on Class A expecially the Diesel Pushers.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #3

I would say that it was mostly class A's but there were lots of B's and C's. There was a club of road tec's there parked together 30 or 40 looked like they where having a good time. The sales area had a little of everything. Our group drove golf carts for transporting people around. Good time and a good show.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #4

Just reread the last post. The FMCA doesn't just invite DP. Anyone can join and attend a show as long as its a MH. We have a couple in our group that have a very cool GMC MH the small ones I think it's a 76. They are redoing it. Anyway hope you enjoyed the show.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #5

Had a nice chat with a RVIA rep at the rally. He said that the latest statistics were that the Class C/B were outselling the Class A's by a 5 to 1 ratio and that the pull units were outselling the motorized units by 10 to 1. - I recently read an article that said that Ford was discontinuing production on the E series of Vans. Considering that most Class C and many Class B motor homes have been built on the E-350 and E-450 Chasis, It opens up the speculation about the future development of the Class C and Class B motor homes. I wonder if they will follow the evolution of the Jayco Seneca motor homes. They were built on the Chevy Kodiac chasis until 2011 when Chevy stoped production of that series. Jayco moved the Seneca over to the Freightliner Truck Chasis which uses a 6.7L Cummings Diesel and Allison 2500 transmission. That curred the problem of most class C units in that they could carry less than 2000 lbs of cargo which resulted in frequent overloading The Jayco Seneca can carry 4639 pounds