Old 05-30-2016, 07:18 PM   #1

Forrester or sunseeker

We are looking to buy a class c. I like the Forrester 3011 ds and the sunseeker 3010 ds. Can anyone tell me what is the difference in the two. Have both brochures and they look exactly the same. Thanks.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:37 PM   #2
RETIRED

Location: Home of the 4 time Super Bowl Champions Patriots. One more win and No. 5 is in sight.WAHOO
They are essentially the same. Built side by side. The Forester is the upscale version of the Sunseeker. It has a partial paint scheme and different full paint schemes. Fiberglas running boards,cedar lined closets and standard items that are options on the sunseeker. Check rvdirect.com for pricing on what these options will cost you on a sunseeker and rvwholesalers.com for a Forester. Good luck

2015 Jeep Cherokee
n-e-d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:56 PM   #3
Chief tinkerer

Hello. We looked at both, went SunSeeker 3010 and though we've only got 5k miles since picking up in early April, are very pleased. I added the top of the line Maxxair 7500k fan in the bedroom, which I believe comes standard in the Forester.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:14 PM   #4

We went with the Forester 3011DSS. For us the few upgrades were worth the price difference.

Prior Campers
1996 Coleman Sun Valley (1995 - 2002)
2017 Forester 3011 DS (2016 - Present)
SharpPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:01 PM   #5

Happy travels

Prior Campers
1996 Coleman Sun Valley (1995 - 2002)
2017 Forester 3011 DS (2016 - Present)
SharpPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyinflorida View Post
We are looking to buy a class c. I like the Forrester 3011 ds and the sunseeker 3010 ds. Can anyone tell me what is the difference in the two. Have both brochures and they look exactly the same. Thanks.
Look in the brochures at the features for the Forester and for the Sunseeker. Many, but not all, Forester standard features are optional on the Sunseeker. Decide which features are important and worth the money to you.

This same comparison has been discussed several times in this forum. You can find the threads with a search.
RamblerGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:42 AM   #7
Chief tinkerer

Yep, what RamblerGuy said about the differences. We are happy with our choice.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpPI View Post
Happy travels
like everyone else has said, the Forester has more standard equipment but costs more, The Sunseeker costs less but most of the standard equipment that is on the Forester can be added.

There was quite a bit of difference in standard equipment in the 2016 models, not so much in the 2017. At least that was the way it was in the 2400 MB Sprinter line of motor homes.

Do some research on the Dealers you have been visiting and choose the one with the highest customer satisfaction rating when it comes to dealer prep, warranty issues, and length of time it takes to get in for service.

The cheapest price isn't always the best way to go.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:18 AM   #9

Think Chevy v. Pontiac - same basic cars with different finishes, options and standard equipment.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:53 AM   #10
DW's Retirement Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
Think Chevy v. Pontiac - same basic cars with different finishes, options and standard equipment.
And that's exactly how we looked at it when we were looking at the same two models the OP is comparing. The Forester Dealer is 2 1/2 hrs away, while the Sunseeker is 1 hr away - and someone we bought our previous TT from and had service there. So, we have some history.
Personally, I could not justify the almost $5500 more the Forester was going to cost. The "options" weren't that important to me, although DW did like the pull out pantry next to the fridge.
I'm VERY pleased with our Sunseeker and have no regrets.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker