Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2018, 04:44 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbronco View Post
Hello everyone. I was doing a oil change and when I loosened the drain plug about a 1/4 cup of clear liquid drained out before the oil drained. I'm assuming it's coolant. I took the RV to the Ford dealer and they're telling me nothing is wrong with the motor. Anyone else experience this problem with the Ford V-10?Any advice would be helpful. Thanks! My rig is a 2016 Sunseeker 2290S on a Ford E-350 Chassis with about 28000 miles on it.

I am coming late into this discussion but I thought I would add my experience. I had a cracked block on a 1998 Honda 4 cylinder. The way I discovered it was because the mixture of oil and antifreeze destroyed the radiator hoses causing major leaks. The color of the fluid came out a greenish brown. Do you have any leaks or notice any weak spots on any of your hoses?
Edrps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:44 PM   #42

I had coolant in the oil on my old Georgetown with the V10. 2 months out of warranty and Ford did not help. $14500 later and 2 1/2 months for Ford to send a engine it was done. Funny thing, the garage that replaced the engine ask me who put stop leak in the radiator..
Now I bought this new, never been in a repair shop ex for oil changes. Go figure.
doughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:48 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
I had coolant in the oil on my old Georgetown with the V10. 2 months out of warranty and Ford did not help. $14500 later and 2 1/2 months for Ford to send a engine it was done. Funny thing, the garage that replaced the engine ask me who put stop leak in the radiator..
Now I bought this new, never been in a repair shop ex for oil changes. Go figure.

Some manufacturers actually add stop leak tablets at the factory. I don’t know if Ford does but Chrysler does in at least some of their vehicles.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:40 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDrax View Post
Some manufacturers actually add stop leak tablets at the factory. I don’t know if Ford does but Chrysler does in at least some of their vehicles.
I've got to ask why! To stop leaks that may occur before break-in or to hide bad plumbing?
Old 09-27-2018, 11:13 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk S View Post
I've got to ask why! To stop leaks that may occur before break-in or to hide bad plumbing?
We can only guess, it's probably to address small leaks and avoid dealer/warranty repairs over poor build/part/seal quality. Bar's Leaks HDC tablets claim to be what a number of vehicle manufacturers use and that it's for more than just stopping/preventing leaks.

https://barsleaks.com/wp-content/upl...ch-Sheet-1.pdf

What I do know is that these are the same tablets that are relabeled as Mopar stop leak pellets and this caused quite a stir among Jeep JK owners a couple of years ago because the coolant overflow tanks would end up with sediment in the bottom from them and people were freaking out. This was around the same time that the oil coolers on the 3.6 were having problems and some people were ending up with clogged heater cores.

Anyway, I'm sure the manufacturers that use them see them as a cheap way to try and avoid "unnecessary" warranty repair costs.