Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2014, 07:42 PM   #1

FR Lexington

I am looking at a 2011 Forest River Lexington to purchase. Does anyone here drive one?. Pros and Cons? I seem to gravitate back to this RV. It is a265DS. Thanks for the input.
Pat Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:03 PM   #2

We have a 2008 Lexington with 3 slides. Love it, it has had a few issues but all mh do. Nothing major. Check the Lexington forum for more info. I do wish it had leveling jacks and may install hydraulic levelers. We also want to replace the uncomfortable couch with 2 recliners.
Sherol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:05 AM   #3

I've loved the 3 slide model since I first started looking 2 years ago. Finally bought a very clean 2006 with 33K miles. This is my first RV and I will be going from place to place but staying a good while at the places I go so I think this will be perfect. I had thought about changing the couch out for recliners also. Where do you go in yours? I bought this cheap enough and will basically be living in it for a year, think I should invest in levelers on this old a coach?
Old 12-02-2014, 10:28 AM   #4

Depends on where you are staying. If you are on unlevel ground, such as state parks, they would be worth it. They are expensive so you have to determine if they are worth the cost for the convenience. Without them you have to go outside and put levelers under the tires and drive up on them. With hydraulic levelers, you stay inside and push a button. You need to be level for the fridge to work properly. We travel from Colorado to NC to visit our daughter. We had a 40 foot mh before and traveled in it for 3 years. We downsized to the Lexington. We bought a CRV to tow behind. Your going to have a great time, enjoy!
Sherol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 04:29 PM   #5

Lex 265

We purchased a 2012 Lexington 265 this past summer. We really like it and have had fun using it.
It is just my wife, our 10 pound Jack Russell and myself so the size of the unit suits us and we like the layout. If we had children at home then we would have gone another route.
The pro's include the entertainment center above the cab since we do not need the cab over bunk and the smaller overall size is good since it drives more like a car or pick up. When we pulled a trailer my wife would not drive but with the MH she likes to drive it. We really do not have any con's since there is ample storage for our needs and fuel tank can get us from Reno to Southern Cal on a single tank
clhjsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 04:58 PM   #6

Thanks so much for the reply. This is my first RV and it is just me and a Labrador Retriever so we should be good for space. Mine is the 283ts with 3 slides and is a 2007 with 30K miles, so hopefully it will do me for a while. I think they all have the Ford Engine and that is really good to know on the gas. I was having a few nightmares on that one. I'm from CA and have made that trip a lot so your comment on the gas makes me feel really good. Thanks

Tags
lexington