Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2015, 10:06 PM   #1

Full paint option

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1446778974.237326.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	93770

Had to share a pic of my doors on my full paint option 2016 sunseeker mbs. The black rubber has lasted about a month. This maybe would be a good thing to tape off when painting! I am going to try to peel off so it doesn't look so bad. On the side entry door they also painted over a sticker. It makes me wonder about long term paint adhesion on other places on the body.... Scary!
Old 11-05-2015, 10:13 PM   #2

That looks like something out of a high school auto body class,painting-101.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 06:39 AM   #3

If that is the only overspray you find you are lucky. Whichever elementary class that painted our 2013 2450S actually taped off all the storage door locks and painted over them. So of course no paint was around them. This was fixed under warranty. I have a lot of overspray on rubber moldings etc. make sure you check it over very good and get all paint issues fixed under warranty.
markangie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:33 AM   #4

They probably use 2 groups of Minion's, one group tapes it off and the second group applies the paint, all while blindfolded.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by markangie24 View Post
If that is the only overspray you find you are lucky. Whichever elementary class that painted our 2013 2450S actually taped off all the storage door locks and painted over them. So of course no paint was around them. This was fixed under warranty. I have a lot of overspray on rubber moldings etc. make sure you check it over very good and get all paint issues fixed under warranty.

For sure not overspray it appears they tried to make a finish coat look perfect on the flexible piece of rubber!

I have overspray on all my handles and rubber. I thought it was wax at first but now realize that is what it is. Good point on the warranty paint will watch close. Thanks.