Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2015, 05:12 AM   #1
WDW

Furnace CFM

New Mirada owner here. I'm trying to figure out if I have a design or build problem. In short our forward floor heat duct puts out very little warm heated air. Closer to the furnace you can feel the air flow, but not forward.

Is this the best it gets?

Life is always better under a Palm tree...

2016 Mirada 35BH "Trolley"
2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude

Previous- Jayco Greyhawk 31FK

Western NY
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:00 AM   #2

WDW
Your furnace is most likely on the left side near the rear. This is how ours is set up and we had the same problem. Added one more heat out let to the wall near the kitchen area, and this helps some. We also carry a electric heater with us in the early spring and late fall camping. We plug it in up near the passenger seat outlet. Set it a couple degrees higher than the rear unit.
This last weekend camping at a local FMCA rally it was nice and toasty, even with the cold rainy and snow mix here in western NY.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:14 AM   #3
WDW

Furnace CFM

Thank you for sharing!

So did you cut a new duct outlet in the floor? Did that layout under the slide when it in?

Do you have the AC turbo air circulation system? I wish it could sync with the furnace.

Where is the Rally? Is that an active FMCA group here in WNY? We're only in to our first year.

Life is always better under a Palm tree...

2016 Mirada 35BH "Trolley"
2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude

Previous- Jayco Greyhawk 31FK

Western NY
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:48 AM   #4

No we added the outlet to the wall facing the kitchen area. I also believe they ran a new duct all the way back to the furnace. Also thinking about adding a computer type fan to the ductwork feeding the front floor outlets. This way I can wire it into the furnace blower fan and have it turn on and off with the furnace fan.

We also had a heat strip added to the main A/C unit and this worked nice down to say 38-40 degrees. Saves on propane.

The local FMCA chapter is the Niagara Frontier Travelers (NFT). They camp each month during the camping season. We have been members for 2 years now and just made our first outing with them do to work.

PM me if you would like the contact info for them.

Were in WNY are you from?
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace