Old 11-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #11

Wonder what texasgeorge bought? Original post to this thread is nearly two years old..!
Bjs306,, go camping..!! Quit worrying about the chassis. You have Ford's full factory warranty and with a Ford dealer in practically every incorporated city in the USA, you can travel with piece of mind, unlike all the diesel pushers..! The 2008 V-10 has the 3 valve cylinder heads and free-flowing exhaust manifolds. It is bullet proof if maintained properly and has plenty of "hosses". We love our 350TS.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #12
Anacortesians

George:

We have an '02 GT 325 and are fairly satisfied with it. We bought it last summer from the original owner.

The thing that distresses me is the way it seems to have been built. I had reason to remove the overhead cabinets in the living room slide out because of water leakage. I was appalled at how they seem to have been built. It looks like a bunch of semi-competent carpenters went in and built the cabinets inside the RV from raw materials.

I had reason to take those cabinets out when we got mold in them from a water leak cause by a rotted slide topper. The attachment to structure seems to be 1/2" wood screws into a 1/8" Lauan plywood skin glued to the block styrofoam insulation. I didn't see any screws holding the cabinets to structure. When I took them out, only four screws actually unthreaded, the other 14 were loose in their holes.

My replacement cabinets are anchored a lot more securely!

Our rig is an '02 and is on an '01 chassis. When we bought it it had late '00 tires!
I guess that's the way things are. In the reduced production rates, a 2-year old engine and chassis wouldn't be unusual.

I've concluded that there are a lot of things that a competent engineer would never have allowed and concluded that there are few competent engineers in the RV manufacturers' work forces. There's certainly no evidence of any comptent manfacturing people in there.

With a bit of application or the proper kind of engineerring expertise, the RV industry could reduce their costs significantly and turn out much better products. It's a shame they seem to be buried in 1950's methods.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by F and E Damp View Post
With a bit of application or the proper kind of engineerring expertise, the RV industry could reduce their costs significantly and turn out much better products. It's a shame they seem to be buried in 1950's methods.
Frank, I agree with you 99.9%. I would argue that 1950's methods were superior to today's....!!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #14

We have a 2012 350 ts with the bunk delete. We have about 4000 mi on it including 1250 mi trip. Small items until just now back tv died. The door is my main problem! The top door restraint is not well engineered. Broke mine at three days old, have also seen one in shop that totaled the door and the dealer was going to replace and repaint. I get just over 7mpg pulling a jeep liberty, unless windy. Over all we are very happy with it.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #15
BJ

My Daughter Inlaws did

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgeorge View Post
The wife and I are looking at the 350ts to buy does any one have any issues with them. We are looking to buy from Lazydays rv in Florida has anyone bought from them.
My daughter's in laws did and they are very pleased.
I purchased mine through RVDirect - Lowest prices on Jayco and Forest River RVs. and would never recommend anyone to do this. They were great making the purchase and the price was great but they did not share with me the fact that it was a 2010 built on a 2008 chassis and when contacting them for any assistance, they turned into the attitude of a used car salesman. I am done with them.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #16

Fixed tv .... Not plugged in all the way...!