Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #1

georgetown 350ts

The wife and I are looking at the 350ts to buy does any one have any issues with them. We are looking to buy from Lazydays rv in Florida has anyone bought from them.
texasgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgeorge View Post
The wife and I are looking at the 350ts to buy does any one have any issues with them. We are looking to buy from Lazydays rv in Florida has anyone bought from them.
Hi George, Welcome to the forum. We have the 378ts and so far we love it. Only minor issues that did not require dealer help to fix. All RVs are going to have some issues so as long as you go in understanding this you won't be disappointed when things happen. We found that all things considered though the Georgetown just gives you more for your money.

I would highly suggest that you go to RVDirect.com and price out your rig as I was completely blown away by their pricing compared to our local dealer who acted more like they were selling Pintos in the 70s rather than an over 100K RV. They will give you a price right online without having to contact anyone. You can at least use this number as a good indicator as to whether you are getting a good deal or not.

We found that the dealers were more than willing to knock 15 to 20K off the price of a rig because they are still making a profit of 20K, that's a huge markup.

Good luck with your purchase
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #3

We bought our 2009 350TS from RVdirect in Orlando and are very happy with it.
As NWJeeper noted you're not likely going to find a cheaper price than RVdirect. The purchase went smooth, we flew down and camped all the way back home.

My local dealer still wants my service business so I haven't had any issues with not buying from them. I tend to do all my own repairs and maintenance anyway.

I've had a few minor issues but they have been resolved to my satisfaction.
1.) A single Interior trim piece on the bedroom slide was damaged. Forest River sent me 2 and I replaced it myself.
2.) The hitch was incorrectly stickered at 3500# instead of 5000#. They had problems with there supplier mislabeling them. They sent me complete test reports from a 3rd party and a new sticker.
3.) Minor hydraulic leak. I went all summer with it and never had to add fluid but I don't like it marking my driveway. Before I parked it for the winter the dealer worked on it and thinks they solved it.

Other than those items it's just been minor nuisances. Water tank vent, TV rattling, toilet hose leak, etc
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #4
Enjoying Member

We bought our Wildwood from a dealer out of state because LazyDays (known in the industry as LazyWays) would not give us a good price on the same unit. This was even after the big RV Supershow last year. We had met with the manufaturer rep for FR Wildwood and he gave us the names of a couple dealers that would try harder to earn our business. They both did great. We ended up buying in TN. Was well worth the over night stay in our new rig before we brought it home and the shakedown trip on the way home. We saved $4500 even after the $500 in expenses to pick it up.

LazyDays service has also been terrible on warranty work. Oh yes they will do it for you even if you didn't buy it there but they messed up more then they fixed and they had our rig for 4 months during repairs they messed up. All this for a roof leak and the replacement of the front cap. Long story for another time.

I recommend you go to the RV Supershow that is this weekend in Tampa at the Fairgrounds and deal your butt off after checking out the link provided above. Then and only then will you know exactly what you want and have the best price option to get it. If no one at the show wants to deal then take a ride over to Orlando to get it.

Nights Camped: 2013-15 2012-28 2011-16 2010-10 2009-30
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 2WD w/trailer pkg 345HP 5.7 Hemi/5spd Auto/3.92 Rear
2008 Wildwood 23FLSRV - Prodigy Brake Controller - BlueOx WD Hitch
2011 Harley Electra-Glide Ultra Limited (His Bike) - 2005 V-Star 650 Classic (Her Bike)
ScottnKimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:40 AM   #5

Georgetown 350 TS

I would By-Pass Lazy Days in a heart beat.
We own a 2009 Georgetown 350TS. The folks in Elhart have been wonderful. We had problems with our unit but they took care of us right at the plant. Only problem we continue to have is with the material used to upholster the right front seat, it is wearing too quickly. The right arm rest and seat piping has worn through and looks sad.
Would recommend, if your microwave ever goes bad replace it with a convection/microwave. We haven't used the oven since.
SnowBird9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #6

why so many views and so few responses
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:38 PM   #7
BJ

Quote:
I purchased a 350 TS and like it pretty well except I recently discovered the 2010 Georgetown 350TS is actually built n a 2008 ford chassis and has a 2008 ford engine as well.

The sales rep never told me and when I asked him why he says "the dealer never tells us that info, you have to take it up with them."

My point is to make sure you know the whole story.
Bjs306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
BJ

Quote:
I purchased a 350 TS and like it pretty well except I recently discovered the 2010 Georgetown 350TS is actually built n a 2008 ford chassis and has a 2008 ford engine as well.

The sales rep never told me and when I asked him why he says "the dealer never tells us that info, you have to take it up with them."

My point is to make sure you know the whole story.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:28 PM   #9

We have a 2009 350 TS with the upgrade package. Love it, perfect, nope but if you know what you are doing or can take a little help, it's great. I changed many of the exterior screws to stainless. My biggest problem with it, steel screws. I waxed it with Nu-Finish and it looks great. Spray painted the underside factory steel with a Rust-Oleum product that kills rust. Any yes it does kill rust. Take a look at RVtrader.com also. My MH was fom Florida and has never seen an ounce of snow or salt. Another thing to look at.
Fourn3833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #10
BJ

Is it really a 2010?

Has anyone had or discovered this situation?
I purchased a 2010 Georgetown 2010 350 TS. There were issues from defective trim over the breakfast and couch area to loose mirrors in the bedroom closets, a coach door that would not close all the way at the top - and was eventually replaced only to have the same identical fit, coach batteries smelled like rotten eggs and sulfur, the overspray from the new coach door got onto the counter tops and they sanded them down to a dull finish to get the paint off. Camping world in Colfax, NC had it on and off for 4 months because everything the touched actually got worse.

Then only for matters to get worse, I find that my 2010 Georgetown is actually sitting on a 2008 frame with a 2008 v10 ford engine. The frame does not upset me too much but the technology difference in the engine is probably substancial and no one seems to know.

I contacted the seller RVDirect - Lowest prices on Jayco and Forest River RVs. only to be told that "we have no way of knowing that, you need to take it up with FR" which I did and was told "the dealer has that info and I don't know why they didn't tell you".

Anyone else have a new coach sitting on a 2 year old frame and engine? What are my options?
Thanks
BJS306@gmail.com
Old 11-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #11

Wonder what texasgeorge bought? Original post to this thread is nearly two years old..!
Bjs306,, go camping..!! Quit worrying about the chassis. You have Ford's full factory warranty and with a Ford dealer in practically every incorporated city in the USA, you can travel with piece of mind, unlike all the diesel pushers..! The 2008 V-10 has the 3 valve cylinder heads and free-flowing exhaust manifolds. It is bullet proof if maintained properly and has plenty of "hosses". We love our 350TS.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #12
Anacortesians

George:

We have an '02 GT 325 and are fairly satisfied with it. We bought it last summer from the original owner.

The thing that distresses me is the way it seems to have been built. I had reason to remove the overhead cabinets in the living room slide out because of water leakage. I was appalled at how they seem to have been built. It looks like a bunch of semi-competent carpenters went in and built the cabinets inside the RV from raw materials.

I had reason to take those cabinets out when we got mold in them from a water leak cause by a rotted slide topper. The attachment to structure seems to be 1/2" wood screws into a 1/8" Lauan plywood skin glued to the block styrofoam insulation. I didn't see any screws holding the cabinets to structure. When I took them out, only four screws actually unthreaded, the other 14 were loose in their holes.

My replacement cabinets are anchored a lot more securely!

Our rig is an '02 and is on an '01 chassis. When we bought it it had late '00 tires!
I guess that's the way things are. In the reduced production rates, a 2-year old engine and chassis wouldn't be unusual.

I've concluded that there are a lot of things that a competent engineer would never have allowed and concluded that there are few competent engineers in the RV manufacturers' work forces. There's certainly no evidence of any comptent manfacturing people in there.

With a bit of application or the proper kind of engineerring expertise, the RV industry could reduce their costs significantly and turn out much better products. It's a shame they seem to be buried in 1950's methods.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by F and E Damp View Post
With a bit of application or the proper kind of engineerring expertise, the RV industry could reduce their costs significantly and turn out much better products. It's a shame they seem to be buried in 1950's methods.
Frank, I agree with you 99.9%. I would argue that 1950's methods were superior to today's....!!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #14

We have a 2012 350 ts with the bunk delete. We have about 4000 mi on it including 1250 mi trip. Small items until just now back tv died. The door is my main problem! The top door restraint is not well engineered. Broke mine at three days old, have also seen one in shop that totaled the door and the dealer was going to replace and repaint. I get just over 7mpg pulling a jeep liberty, unless windy. Over all we are very happy with it.
Newellri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #15
BJ

My Daughter Inlaws did

Quote:
My daughter's in laws did and they are very pleased.
I purchased mine through RVDirect - Lowest prices on Jayco and Forest River RVs. and would never recommend anyone to do this. They were great making the purchase and the price was great but they did not share with me the fact that it was a 2010 built on a 2008 chassis and when contacting them for any assistance, they turned into the attitude of a used car salesman. I am done with them.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #16

Fixed tv .... Not plugged in all the way...!
Newellri is offline   Reply With Quote