Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2016, 10:17 PM   #1
7 Year Class A RV'er

Great Service / Lousy Service

Had a transmission problem with our Legacy just west of Memphis last Saturday. Had to wait until Monday morning for the local Freightliner dealer (TAG Truck Center on Brooks Ave.) to open up so we could be towed in from the campground we were lucky enough to have been able to get to in "limp home" mode. Once there, those folks were great. Hit us right in and diagnosed as having a bad communication cable from the transmission to the main computer. They had to order the part, but got it in at 10:00 AM thus morning, as promised, and had us on the road by just after lunch. All of this was IN SPITE of a major issue caused by our original RV dealer. When checking in yesterday, the tech informed us that Lazy Days in Tampa had never registered our chassis warranty with Freightliner. At this point, it couldn't be done by the service folks - it had to come from Lazy Days. I called and after THREE tries (once, the service department actually answered the phone, then said "Oops!" And put me to a recording to leave a message!), the service guys passed me off to the warranty folks. At least that lady was trying to help; she knew what to do because she had had to solve the same issue for other customers! Then her boss called back to tell me it had been submitted and was all taken care of. Got a call from the Freightliner folks this morning to tell me it had still not been submitted. The service manager at TAG then took it upon himself to call Freightliner corporate and explain things. He was able to get approval for us to register the warranty here and get the repairs taken care of. Lazy Days promised at 10:00 AM that they would call me right back. When did I hear back from them? They finally called at 3:00 PM, well after we were already on the road. Long story short, if you're having problems around Memphis, TAG is where you want to go for great service. If you're in the market for a new RV in Florida or Arizona........stay as far away from Lazy Days as possible!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB with 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Toad
Gigi, Poppy and Sadie the Jack Russell (all 14 lbs of her)

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 11:29 PM   #2

Always good to hear good stories.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service