Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2018, 11:28 AM   #1

Help me decide...

New RV owner and need a roadside assistance plan. I always had USRider when I had my Horse Trailer with LQ but now with a "regular" motor home I figure I need to go in a different direction. I went ahead and joined FMCA mainly because of their deal with Verizon's MIFI which I couldn't touch with my regular Verizon account. Therefore, it would only cost me $69 a year more for FMCA Roadside assistance. Having said that, I get the impression that COACH-NET is the Cadillac of these plans and for $249 a year it should be although they say their price goes down to $169 a year after the first year.

So my question is, is COACH-NET that much better than FMCA?

Appreciate your thoughts...

Newly Retired!!!!
Atlanta Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:40 AM   #2

We extended the Coach-net service that came with the rig. Used them once and called them a second time, but ended up using a local mobile service for the second call. Impressed with their call center.
We joined FMCA for their medical assistance program that comes with the membership. Their roadside assistance program is pretty new so you might have difficulty finding reviews for it.
Had Good Sam for a while, but decided two roadside assistance programs wasn't necessary. So we stayed with Coach-net
Old 10-03-2018, 08:55 AM   #3
Site Team

All of the road side assistance services use the same local responders for calls. It may vary a little, but not by much, especially in rural areas. Same with the automobile road side assistance plans. You may call Ford, Chevy, Subaru, or whomever but Billy Bobs Wrecker Service and Bait Shop will be the one coming to get you as he has the local recovery equipment and the contracts...

I let Coach-Net expire and signed up with the FMCA as their plan meets my needs. Then we traded in our coach and got another free year of Coach-Net so we're dual covered for awhile. I'll let Billy Bob decide which one to bill...
Old 10-04-2018, 12:09 PM   #4

Decided to go with FMCA Roadside Assistance

Hard to believe they can provide this at the price. Hopefully I'll never need to use it but will report back if and when I do.

Newly Retired!!!!
Atlanta Panther is offline   Reply With Quote