Old 07-17-2016, 01:10 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Grampa Jim View Post
Oakman is absolutely right on. You didn't fail...THEY failed.
x3, or x4, or x5. Yup, they were the wrong ones in this situation.

There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 01:19 PM   #12
Don't mess with people when they are setting up OR taking down. And please don't try to help unless they ask for it.

twiggw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 01:26 PM   #13
Now that you know all the one will ask.

If I could only remember all my grandchildren's ages.
2017 Rockwood 2604WS, Emerald Edition.
2016 Ram 1500 3.0 EcoDiesel

Croaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:01 PM   #14
We camped at Edisto Beach near the beginning of this season. My wife got to looking around and counted 8 camp hosts in our loop or section. She really wanted an answer why but never could ask anyone. Beginning of the season treat? Training camp?

As we were breaking camp we had our back lift gate open on our vehicle and along came a camp host with a leaf blower and was trying to clean up. He blew a boat load of gravel dust into our car. He was oblivious. Go figure. If it wasn't a training camp it should have been.
There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:19 PM   #15
Grumpy Old Curmudgeon
sounds to me like you didn't fail at anything. You got your rig back then moved in didn't ding the tow vehicle or the trailer and you got it set up by yourself and that is a complete success. As far as the guys in the two Class A Motorhomes well sounds like they got some shortcomings
Puma 29FQS
LBZ GMC Sierra 2500HD, CCSB, 4WD, D/A,
Marauderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:31 PM   #16
Originally Posted by moff34 View Post

And if they didn't offer a cold beverage along with their nosy questions they were complete failures.
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:49 PM   #17
Even as a newbie myself I know enough not to bother anyone pulling in and setting up. The failure is not yours. I am not happy until I hook up and then double check everything without interruptions from anyone and that includes the boss!

2013 Sunseeker 3170ds
bobbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:49 PM   #18
Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
Twiggw is right on also. Don't jump in to help. Make one statement if it looks like they're having trouble. "Holler if you want help." That's it. I saw a guy trying to back his 5er in over and over and his marriage possibly on the verge of divorce. I walked over after watching him go forward....backward... forward... least a dozen times. I said..."Would you like some...." "NO!!!" I never even finished my sentence. His wife looked at me apologetically and smiled. I smiled and walked away. He finally got it in there, but it was a while still. These are the times that try men's and women's souls....and marriages. We've all been there, right?
Grampa Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:02 PM   #19
Site Team
No failure.... you passed with flying colors. You managed to back in your new rig and get setup correctly despite interruptions. And you didn't lose your temper. It is all good. They were trying to be nice, a bit off on their timing but they were trying to be nice showing interest in your beautiful new rig.

If it makes you feel any better, my maiden voyage as a newbie resulted in the camp host parking my tt for me. We had no hot water because I didn't know how to dewinterize the rig and was afraid to ask. DD locked all of us out of the bathroom and DH had to disassemble the lock to reopen it for use. Our second trip got the tt dewinterize but not without some comedy first. If you ever want some real entertainment, read these threads:

rookie Mistakes
camping bloopers
<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:07 PM   #20
They screwed up you done great. They should have waited till you were done then came over to talk.

railroaderone is offline   Reply With Quote

led, mpg