Old 05-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #11
Camper Less Camping

boowho

Your always going to get a much lower buying offer from a Dealer/Consignment operation...just the nature of their business to turn a profit for the risk they inherit...as others stated, if you want/desire the most cash out of the sale, recommend listing on Craigslist & RV Trader for broader appeal.
We use both each time we are wanting to upgrade our camper & sell ourselves every time.

Good Luck

Old 05-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #12

One thing is for sure. You will 99% be able to sell it above what the dealer wants to give you.

Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
Flagstaffer, I find your post ironic; the one I'm trying to sell is a 2000 Dutch Star gasser.

And to you and Wiscampsin, I'm a full timer moving around the country. The coach is in Mesa, AZ so I really can't do much myself toward marketing it myself.

All in all, the best thing I can probably do is just let it go. Our contract called for me to have $15K as my proceeds. He now wants to give me $10K. He called me yesterday with a "possible" buyer that would have netted me $12K. I said "do it". Called today and said the deal did not walk and offered the 10K.

I really like this guy and don't get the impression that he's "greasy". But I've been wrong before.

Boowho??
Take the 10K & run. If you were in a different set of circumstances I would list on Craigslist, but that just isn't going to work for you.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswartz View Post
Take the 10K & run. If you were in a different set of circumstances I would list on Craigslist, but that just isn't going to work for you.

Pretty much the decision I've come to. The market IS really soft, so 1/2 wholesale looks pretty good to me. I like the "running" part ; never having to worry about it again. Paying $40 per month just on insurance.

It's BADLY needs new tires all around, and a few other things that need fixing before it can be sold.

And I did buy my current coach at below wholesale, so it'll all come out in the wash as they say.

I'm waiting for a call-back right now from the guy so I can accept his offer. IF he somehow changes his mind, then I MAY take it to Denver as one of you suggested.

A big thanks to all of you who responded.

Boowho??
Old 05-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #15

Good luck with it! I can see that may just be the best. I know sometimes I just want it gone and do fire sale prices on stuff as well.

Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #16

Hope it works out for you, Boowoo. Sounds to me like you are making a great decision.