Old 10-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #11

We are not shopping but looked at Costco and they have a nice gel foam queen for 500. Not sure how they hold up to the temp.extremes that a RV has. That's what worries me about my TP mattress. The condensation could cause mold very easy. We had that happen on our first SN bed and it was nasty. They say they are using a foam that will not mold now but I would keep a eye in it.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #12

We have 2 Sleep Number beds, one full and one king which we have had for over 6 years. We love them both. The king does have a foam divider down the middle because the king has two air mattresses but you can get over very easily. Neither lose air pressure or have had any issues at all. Best bed we have ever had and we used to have a waterbed. I highly recommend.

My only concern about having one in the 5ver is where would the pump go?

Current Camper: 2013 Sabre 32-RCTS-6
Nights Camped in 2012: 11

Nights Camped in 2013: 21
poppy127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by accumack View Post
we bought a serta memory foam with gel at sam'a club queen $499. we love it.

We bought a memory foam topper to add to the existing mattress and the problem is it it way too soft and actually have to roll out of the bed.
I change positions at night from back to side and actually it made it so difficult I removed the memory foam. Just may be too thick of a pad for the existing soft mattress.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
We bought a memory foam topper to add to the existing mattress and the problem is it it way too soft and actually have to roll out of the bed.
I change positions at night from back to side and actually it made it so difficult I removed the memory foam. Just may be too thick of a pad for the existing soft mattress.
this matress is not a topper it's 10" thick. i use to move around a lot now i just roll on my side once or twice and get a great night of sleep.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #15
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I'm still researching the Camping World Sleep Number bed for my Georgetown.

What I have found is many unhappy customers that have problems of leaks and sagging as well as cheap zipper breaking, controllers failure and even pumps stop working. When they contact Sleep Number they get BS and run-a-round on how much the replacement part will cost.

I just wanted to hear from anyone that has the sleep number bed for awhile and if it really worth the money?

Here is the link to the customers complaints and they sure are alot of them. 737 and they all are from 2012. Hummm

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/furniture/select.html
We've had one in our home since 1997 and have not had any problems with the mattress. Pressures do change with the temperature but not significantly. We just had to replace the air pump. It was 15 years old. Bought a new one on eBay for $250. I wouldn't trade mine for anything else.
We replaced the original mattress that came with our coach with a Sleep Number Mattress. Bought it through CW and have enjoyed it since January 2007. Have not had any issues at all. As I stated above pressures will change some based on the temperature. One thing they recommend is keep the pressure down some if traveling through higher elevations and then fill back up once you reach your destination.
We've had nothing but a great experience with both of our Sleep Number Beds. I highly recommend them, but I'm sure there are others that wouldn't.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #16

Well we have heard everyones opinions and hate to say my DW said buy it.
As much as I appreciate your msgs my DW overrules you all.
Bought it today at Camping World using my Discover Card and was able to get 7% off the sale price and delivered to my door. That saves the tax and a few bucks.
So we will let you know whenit arrives in a week.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:20 AM   #17

Recieved my Sleep Number bed by UPS from Camping World yesterday.
I reaad the manual a few times and put the bed together with little problem.

1st thoughts when opening box.
Expensive fancy air mattress
Good quality air matresses
Quiet pump
Nice asy controller

After sleeping on it at home on a box spring.
Nice feel when I adjust for myself
Supports and cradles and I find less stress on back, neck and hips
Adjusts up and down quickly
Has a built in memory for each side in remote.
Good quality zipper around main casing. (other say it is a cheap zipper)
Doesn't really sag on edges but not designed to sit on edges

Was it worth it? Only time will tell by relieving my neckm back and hip pain. If I get a good night sleep it will be worth it.

So far I'm happy and will update you as time goes on.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:55 AM   #18
"On the road again"

Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
My wife and I had a sleep number bed in our home for close to 20 years. For the first 15 years we loved it - then it became very uncomfortable. Then...when we bought our new Columbus and had a Trump Series Serta mattress...we fell in love with that.

The nearest we could find locally to the Trump was a "Kingsdown" mattress that we bought and LOVE it.

In talking with the sales lady when we bought, she explained that "as your body ages" (nice way of saying as we got OLDER) that type of mattress ceases to be comfortable. We bought it when we were in our early 40's and I guess at about mid-50's it "ceased to be comfortable".

We love our Kingsdown - and our son and daughter-in-law LOVE the sleep number bed we passed along to them.

PS - Never had ANY repairs on our Sleep Number bed.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'17 Cardinal 3456RL - '17 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate - DRW w/B&W OEM Companion hitch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015 & 2016: 587 ~ Nights Camping 2017: 125
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #19

All I say is WOW!
Last night I really enjoyed a full restful night sleep.
How I knew was that layed down and setup my number and relaxed on my back with a small pillow under my head and next thing it was 7AM.

I also noticed when I got up this morning that my feel and legs felt great and not hurt when starting to walk on the floor. (62 yrs old)

I will keep this up for another few days and if this continues may consider a King size for the house. $$$$$$ Oh well can't put a cost on a good nights sleep.

Will update again soon

Old 10-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #20

UPDATE Oct 20, 2012

Well I have slept on my Sleep Number bed for many nights and I have to admit I have not had that much restful sleep in a long time. My back feels great and my neck and shoulders are not sore.
I know others may dissagree but I'm very happy with it and when driving the MH I do need a relaxing night sleep.
To me it was worth the money even thou it is a glorified air mattress bed.