Old 10-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
Is Sleep Number mattresses worth the money?

I'm still researching the Camping World Sleep Number bed for my Georgetown.

What I have found is many unhappy customers that have problems of leaks and sagging as well as cheap zipper breaking, controllers failure and even pumps stop working. When they contact Sleep Number they get BS and run-a-round on how much the replacement part will cost.

I just wanted to hear from anyone that has the sleep number bed for awhile and if it really worth the money?

Here is the link to the customers complaints and they sure are alot of them. 737 and they all are from 2012. Hummm

2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 49,000 miles
(2013 - 98 days) (2014 - 117 days) (2015 - 67 days) (2016 - 115 days)
USAF Retired - MSgt

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
Trailer Trash
My GF has an sleep # bed at her house. They are finicky and leak down every few days. They also have a hard support beam in the middle as it's a king mattress. No comfort sleeping in the middle as the beam is like a brick. Soooo, sleep on your own side of the bed. LOL! Sleep number bed overrated/overprice. You better read up on having mold problems as their mattress does not breath/ventilate like a regular mattress does.

In my RV - main bed, I use a 4" memory foam matress topper. Wallyworld has them for 150 bucks or so.

I use an Aerobed for my fold-out couch. Aorebed is actually pretty comfy 100-200 bucks for one of these and it has the wired remote for adjusting air like a sleep # bed.

joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
We have had a sleep number bed in our house for about 7 years and have had no problems. I have chronic pain issues so I change the firmness depending on how I feel. We have had no issues and have been very happy with is and just bought one for the rv. If you do get one, make sure you lower the pressure before traveling, especially if you are changing altitude.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Duramax and Allison 6 speed
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You can't make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
my sister and bil have 1 hate it
my daughter and sil have 1 love it
i think an easier question wuold be " do you think my wife is prettir than yours?"
its all in the eyes of the beholder
we changed our matteress out to a 10 inch foam unit from very satisfied the excuse for a sleeping surface that came with our unit was a waste of time and money
liven life in east TN and wherever my
2011georgetown280ve, and
2016 fordexplorer and hemi RAM
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
We had one for years and it did get mold in it. We called and they sent us a new bed. The customer service is excellent. I think I would buy it from a SN store if I got another one. We still have it as a guest room mattress. We have a Tempura-Pedicure Allure for our house and love it. When we bought the MH this spring we bought a Tempur-Pediic Cloud Supreme and it is very comfortable.
The TP'S are expensive but with the neck and back surgery's I have had I couldn't sleep in anything else.
I was afraid they would sleep hot but it has never been a issue and have been told by TP that winter storage will not be a issue as long as the bed is flat it will be fine in freezing temperatures. I will but extra Damprid by the bed to protect from mold.
I sleep much better on the TP then any other bed I have tried.
Phil and Dianna
2011 Berkshire 390 RB
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
Had a sleep number for several years. Loved it at first, but it seemed to go bad? Both my husband and I started to not be happy with it, but didn't say anything to each other for about a year. My parents had one as well and had bought a cheaper foam mattress for their second home and found they liked it much better. Now we have a foam bed at home and just put a foam bed in our trailer.
Kathyrarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
Flagstaff 625D Popup
We have a sleep number bed. My wife and I both don't like it. I would not recommend getting one.

bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
Great information

The replies here are very interesting to say the least.
I just went down to the local mall store and asked them many questions.
They have many different versions and the one I'm considering is a P5.

They have all the same sir chambers, pumps and controls. The big difference is the exterior and now may layers of foam pads you add tot he top.

I did notice the P5 has a much better quilting and softer material than the basic model. I still believe it is a very costly ionvestment.

The main warranty is basically 100% for the first 2 years. After that time it will cost you to get anything fixed or replaced. Still thinking about it but will conti nue to monitor this question here if it is worth it.

Let's keep this going to help others.

This is the one I'm considering from Camping World
It is a short Queen with radius corners
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 49,000 miles
(2013 - 98 days) (2014 - 117 days) (2015 - 67 days) (2016 - 115 days)
USAF Retired - MSgt

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #9
I have had a sleep number bed at my house for about two years now. Me and the wife have loved it. My wife could sleep on a rock so it wasn't so much for her. It's nice to have the adjustment. I have change it a few times depending on how I feel.
2012 Sandstorm 203slc
2013 Toyota Tundra
Eqil-l-izer hitch,Prodigy P3
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #10
we bought a serta memory foam with gel at sam'a club queen $499. we love it.

accumack is offline   Reply With Quote