Old 09-03-2006, 11:40 AM   #1
Is this normal?

I usually use my hazard flashers to thank truckers when they have flashed their headlights to let me know when it is safe to pull back into the right lane after passing the truck. Every time I do this it disengages the cruise control on my Workhorse W22. Is this normal? Just wondering.

Gary & Mary Hamblen
2003 Windsong 353DS on Workhorse W22
2006 Saturn Vue toad
Sterling tow bar with Unified Tow Brake
ghamblen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:28 PM   #2
It's possible it could be normal. Cruise control is disengaged when you press your brake, which lights your brake light. The hazzard flasher also lights the brake light. Hmmm.. I may have to experiment with my vehicles...

pswayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:43 PM   #3
I'm pretty sure when that brake light comes on it tells the cruise control to shut off.

I had a car one time that had a problem with the brake lights. The brakes worked fine but the lights did not always come on. When I was in cruise control and put on the brakes, it would not always turn off. Had to manually do it. While driving past a storefront one night I happened to notice from the window reflection that the brake lights were not coming on completely when I braked. I found that the insulation on the wires under the dash had worn through and were causing the problem. I spliced a piece of wire into the damaged area, the lights started to work, and the cruise would turn off when I braked.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:33 PM   #4
Wow. the same thing used to happen on my 1983 Chevy Elite C-Class. Now the cruise doesn't work at all! Of course it also shut off when I put the signals on as well. I expect mine was electrical, but no one could ever find the problem.

cameronbeardies is offline   Reply With Quote

« - | Battery question »