Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 08:26 AM   #11

I have had posts to FB a few times that weren't mine.
So I get it, see if you can delete it and if not report it. The change your password.

1 Cockatiel-Lucky
Old 11-02-2015, 08:40 AM   #12

good idea thx

Old 11-02-2015, 01:40 PM   #13

Report it. Maybe they will remove it.
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
Old 11-02-2015, 01:54 PM   #14

find a local friendly trucker, ask if you can go for a ride with him, so you can pick up some tricks,

Sorry I am English, just realised this comment may have a different meaning over the pond, but is a good suggestion!
Old 11-02-2015, 02:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by the old geezer View Post
find a local friendly trucker, ask if you can go for a ride with him, so you can pick up some tricks,

Sorry I am English, just realised this comment may have a different meaning over the pond, but is a good suggestion!
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
Old 11-02-2015, 02:12 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgahlhoff View Post
New to frog. I'm recently widowed and need to learn how to drive our Forrest river 24 foot c-class. My husband did the driving and I want to learn don't want to give up lifestyle. Does anyone teach driving?
When we upgraded to our 5th wheel, I used RV School They have instructors throughout the US. Our instructor was wonderful. I had never been able to back up our boat or old travel trailer, my husband always did the backing even though I do most of the driving, now I can. Steve our instructor took us into parking lots, on freeways, in the hills, small city streets. I have been in a lot of situations where I am thankful that I did the class.

had a 2015 Rockwood 8281 WS - traded for another brand.
2016 RAM 3500
Old 11-02-2015, 04:11 PM   #17

I'm a single female driving a 24' Solera. I used to drive 25,000 mi. every year in crazy LA traffic and also do daily windy canyon driving for most of my life. I felt very confident in my driving. I flew back to Iowa by myself to take delivery of my Solera 1 -1/2 yrs. ago. When I was handed the keys, there was a momentary terror looking at that huge vehicle. I had never driven anything larger than a big SUV. I began to doubt myself, what was I thinking that now I have to drive this huge thing back home 1,700 miles? There was wind, rain and tornado alerts around me when I first got in. I nervously got on the freeway nearby and slowly gained a feeling for the vehicle; how to very closely watch my mirrors and rear view camera at all times, particularly for lane changes. I learned to leave a little extra space for "fish tailing" when making my right turns. I learned the feel of my brakes and steering. It turned out really to be quite easy. I drove thru a late winter storm in the Colorado Rockies, over mountain ranges in Utah, Nevada and finally up my last ascent to my home at 7,000 ft. in the Eastern Sierra mtns. of Ca. When I pulled into my driveway, I had this great feeling of accomplishment, that I did it all by myself. Since then I have put on over 16,000 miles.
My question to you is; how confident do you feel about your own driving skills? You can learn on your own if you're secure, otherwise; look for a course or experienced RV'er to help you out. Good luck!
Old 11-02-2015, 09:17 PM   #18

Driving schooling

RV Driving School.com has great instructors around the country. They will provide custom instruction geared to your needs as well as providing tools to practice skills. My girlfriend and I spent two days with instructor. Best investment in time and money. Good luck.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:18 PM   #19
Ann

Learning to drive RV

Jerry, in 2014 I took driving lessons from George Mayleben with the RV Driving School. What a great teacher he was. George is the director of RV Driving School. You can get information about the school at RV School or 530-878-0111.

In the spring of 2014 we bought a new 2015 32 foot Sunseeker class C. After we attended a rally in Elkhart, IN I took the 8 hour driving course with George. What the lessons gave me were confidence.

I drive occasionally. My husband still does most of the driving. But I know that I can drive if needed. We just completed a four month cross-country trip. I know I can step into the driver's seat when needed.

I hope you will find a good teacher and can practice to gain confidence.

Happy travels.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:33 PM   #20

Red face new driver

Hi there The first time I drove our 28ft 5th wheel through Seattle I said to myself "just stay between the yellow lines, give braking space and make wide turns so you don't take down the gas pump." Make sure you have lots of room to change lanes as well. It's not half as scary as you think. Now I drive the 2650 motor home as well and follow the same rules. I'm 74. Go for it you'll do fine. have fun: