Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2015, 09:09 AM   #1

Levels Best to Entry level

Can someone tell me the levels of quality of FR's Class A and Class C? Like from top level to lowest. We have a 25 foot Sunseeker which is the lowest level of class C I believe.

Wanting something a little bigger and more livable since we are going FT.

Thanks for any help on LEVELS.
LittleMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:37 AM   #2

Levels Best to Entry level

If you go to the website. FR lists them in order of low to high i each of the 3 motorhome divisions, Coachmen, Dynamax and Forest River. I don't know how you would rank the different divisions other than by price.
Hope that helps

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Checkeredcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:56 AM   #3

Thanks CC
I don't want Coachman or Dynamax. Was just thinking about order of cost (and probably quality). Just trying to see the most I can afford.
Example of info I was looking for:

Class C lineup (just guessing)
Solera
Lexington
Forrester
Sunseeker

Anyway, thanks for your help!
LittleMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:28 AM   #4
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

(Only in my opinion) I believe as the unit gets heaver the better the quality. Upgrades to Substructure, Sliders, Appliances, Dual ACs, these seam to add quality and weight.
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:59 AM   #5

I think you are comparing apples and oranges when I look at the four rvs listed. What I mean by this is, and I speak as a Solera owner and previous Lexington owner, is different engine and different size. We first owned a 2011 Lexington 283 GTS and were very happy with the interior, size and appointments, but VERY unhappy with its drive ability. In windy conditions it was all over the road. Some other Lexington owners on this forum have spent a lot of money to improve handling but after about $1000 I gave up and traded it for a 2014 Solera 24R. This one drives like a big SUV but is smaller, 25 ft versus 31 feet for the Lexington. Some times I miss the extra room but it is only me and my wife and I wouldn't trade back. Suggest you do a lot of test driving and good luck with your decision.
David100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:52 PM   #6

I agree with David. It depends on what you want to do. My wife and I full-timed on a 40' DP for several years that was customized to our desires and needs.

But now that we are no longer full-timing the Solera is the best fit for us. It may not be the same quality, but for what want to do now it is a better RV for us and much more fun to drive. We love it.
lacamastraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:07 PM   #7

I would suggest you go to some popular campgrounds in areas where people tend to stay that are full timers and introduce yourself and talk to them about your plans. Never met an RV'er who didn't like to talk about their rig. If you are going FT you have plenty of time to take some trips and talk to folks. It also depends on how much traveling and how much extended staying you are doing. Some folks stay 3 to 6 months in one location. Some stay all time in a location. At a bare minimum I would want something over 36 foot and atleast a super slide. Also would want hydraulic levelers and Air Ride suspension which keeps coach level going down the road also even in bad cross winds. I personally would want a Diesel pusher, but there are lots of good gas burners out there that will pull the big rigs if you aren't in hurry. They both have their advantages. You can find a few years old used units that are in excellent condition for less than half the price of new.
Ke5rbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:30 AM   #8
Wait till next year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke5rbd View Post
I would suggest you go to some popular campgrounds in areas where people tend to stay that are full timers and introduce yourself and talk to them about your plans. Never met an RV'er who didn't like to talk about their rig. If you are going FT you have plenty of time to take some trips and talk to folks. It also depends on how much traveling and how much extended staying you are doing. Some folks stay 3 to 6 months in one location. Some stay all time in a location. At a bare minimum I would want something over 36 foot and atleast a super slide. Also would want hydraulic levelers and Air Ride suspension which keeps coach level going down the road also even in bad cross winds. I personally would want a Diesel pusher, but there are lots of good gas burners out there that will pull the big rigs if you aren't in hurry. They both have their advantages. You can find a few years old used units that are in excellent condition for less than half the price of new.
X2... When we were looking for our future motorhome we visited campgrounds in areas we wanted to stay. Found everyone there more than helpful about what was best about their rigs and any changes they have made. You'll also see a wider range of units. By the way walk thru the campground everyone will say Hi
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:57 PM   #9
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacamastraveler View Post
I agree with David. It depends on what you want to do. My wife and I full-timed on a 40' DP for several years that was customized to our desires and needs.

But now that we are no longer full-timing the Solera is the best fit for us. It may not be the same quality, but for what want to do now it is a better RV for us and much more fun to drive. We love it.
X2 However we full timed in a 5th wheel. That offered the most sq ft of living space and conveniences. After we settled down and traveled during the Summer, we found that it was to big to go where we wanted to go and was not good for dry camping. So we downsized to a 29' Class A. We looked at C's but they lack storage, a key piece of the puzzle for full timing.
Good Luck