Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2018, 02:33 PM   #21

Good to know - thanks.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
I like the levelers to both '0' in my level and also stiffen up the bounce in the coach - but I don't like extending them a long way or having my front tires lift. So I get close w/ the legos, and fine tune w/ the jacks.
Could make sense if the legos were under the leveler pads but under the wheels, I would think the levelers (some) would have to extend even farther.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:38 PM   #23

Continuing with topic when i select jacks retract the fluid returns with so much pressure hydraulic fluid leaks out the refill cap on resivor. Tighten the cap as much as possible did not fix problem. Any suggestions?.
Rxflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:43 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Could make sense if the legos were under the leveler pads but under the wheels, I would think the levelers (some) would have to extend even farther.
If the wheels have a lot of blocks, the levelers get a few extra so the stroke isn’t as bad.

Maybe I’m OCD I don’t know.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:06 PM   #25

Think of it as three legs. Left, right, and front. There is a hydraulic tee at each of these three locations that feed two pistons. No "rear" so to speak. The tee allows each of the two pistons at each of the three locations to find the ground regardless of a difference in terrain between the two feet. Once all six are planted, the leveling begins as tho there are only three locations. The same force is applied to each pair of feet since it is a simple tee. If you are losing fluid at the reservoir cap someone most likely filled the reservoir with pistons extended. Only fill with everything retracted, leveler pistons and slides in if hydraulic also.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:10 PM   #26

6? This is a Class C LCI system thread. We only have 4 feet.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:14 PM   #27

Our 400QS Charleston works just like yours . I do not auto level anymore because it always puts me to high when its done. I level with the manual function and the procedure per the book is , dump air bags and lower front jacks and raise coach 1&1/2 to 2 inches and stop. lower rear jacks and level front to rear and stop. Now level side to side which only works the rear jacks. I know it does not sound right but that's how it works. I have been doing this for many years with no problems and I have a Freightliner chassis and weigh in at just under 36,000 pounds.
rickkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:15 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRockr View Post
Think of it as three legs. Left, right, and front. There is a hydraulic tee at each of these three locations that feed two pistons. No "rear" so to speak. The tee allows each of the two pistons at each of the three locations to find the ground regardless of a difference in terrain between the two feet. Once all six are planted, the leveling begins as tho there are only three locations. The same force is applied to each pair of feet since it is a simple tee. If you are losing fluid at the reservoir cap someone most likely filled the reservoir with pistons extended. Only fill with everything retracted, leveler pistons and slides in if hydraulic also.
I believe this post is correct for a 6 jack system on a 5th wheel trailer.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:16 AM   #29

I always use manual mode to level. Much easier. I never lift tire off ground, that can be hard on jacks, drive over some blocking and re-do.

Suggest you have someone operate controls while you observe what is happening under there, you will see, for example, how when you lower the front jacks on uneven ground the first jack to touch the ground will then wait for the other jack to find the ground and then both will lift. On my class A both side jacks work to level coach.

True story! Got new coach home, playing with self levelers, would not level. Really weird things happening , like frame getting twisted. Got wife to operate controls found when pushing left side button manually the left front jack went down along with right rear jack and the opposite for pushing right side. Very fortunate window didn't break and I don't think frame got stressed too bad.

Called dealer and he phoned Lippert and in about 10 minutes they had the fix. All I had to do was switch the wiring harness on the solenoids. This came out of Forest River factory that way, quality control? not so much,
cariboo camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:15 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
6? This is a Class C LCI system thread. We only have 4 feet.
Sorry about that. Reading digest and forgot to look at the specific forum. Good luck.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:10 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRockr View Post
Lippert touched on this a little. I emailed tech support about my leveling question w/ regards to side to side leveling only using the rear jack. This was the response:

It does not twist the frame because the front two jacks share a valve so fluid is free to move between the front two jacks and equalize. Your system is just like our 5th wheel Level Up system.

Thanks,

Tags
jacks, leveling