Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2015, 10:14 AM   #1

Magnadyne M4 GPS System Cutting out

My Lexi came with a Magnadyne M4 with the GPS system. Have found it to be quite accurate, but have run into a problem.
When using the gps, it will give directions, but after several minutes,if no new directions are given, it will cut off, the screen going back to the welcome screen. As I get closer to a new direction, the audio will come on to direct me, but the screen dosen't come back on unless I reboot the screen and re-enter the location needed from the history.
Any one else have this problem or know how to keep the system on?
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:51 AM   #2
2012 Solera

Very long thread on Magnadyne here:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...s-23923-2.html
Your issue sounds like the "nav rebooting" issue discussed there. Solution was a firmware update from Magnadyne. Third try at firmware update by Magnadyne did solve that issue on my unit.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:06 AM   #3

Thank you JL. Exactly my problem. Didn't know about prior events. Will contact Magnadyne tomorrow.
Grumpy
Old 05-18-2015, 02:40 PM   #4

Just got back yesterday from our first trip of the year which was the first time for us to try the Magnadyne after we upgraded the software and it worked flawlessly. Last year we had the clock issue with the time changing and the gps would stop working and we would have to reset.
The folks at Magnadyne were very helpful and out very friendly.
clhjsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:52 PM   #5

Contacted Magnadyne today. Tech knew exactly what was wrong as the older threads pointed out. Their sending me the firmware to update my unit.
Thanks again for posting the link to the older posts about the fix.
Grumpy
Old 06-06-2015, 05:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
Contacted Magnadyne today. Tech knew exactly what was wrong as the older threads pointed out. Their sending me the firmware to update my unit.

Thanks again for posting the link to the older posts about the fix.

Grumpy

Same issue on my unit. But radio was the latest and so was the firmware. Spoke with tech and saw that we were only getting 3 satellite signals and all yellow should see 12 or so and all green. He sent out a new antenna for my dealer to install cause megadyne was having issues with their supplier. Will see if that cures my problem next week
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote