Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2013, 01:22 AM   #41

Roadside Assistance Plan- such as Good Sam or AAA. I dropped AAA for Good Sam when we got our TT, better coverage for all our vehicles plus the TT.

Beware of Camping World, it causes credit card meltdown! J/K love that place, although Amazon is often cheaper.

Is it fair to assume a new unit comes with wheel chocks? We bought used and ours didn't. Harbor Freight has some nice ones cheap.

You may not need it for your maiden voyage, but I'd recommend getting a Water Bandit. It has saved us when we got a campsite with a stripped hose connection - at least we were able to fill our fresh tank since we couldn't hook up to the water full time.

You will probably want to get rolls of the anti slip matting to line your cabinets, Really helps keep stuff from sliding around while on the roll.
I also use the Camco fridge bars after the first time I opened the fridge and got attacked by the contents.
And I splurged and got the RV plastic hangers at C, World that grip your closet bar, too many trips where my clothes ended on the floor., now they stay put.
A power strip - outlets are never where you want them and so many electronics to keep charged.

All stuff you may want to consider eventually, not so much for the maiden voyage.

Good Luck and Happy travels.
2013 Days Camped, since April: 33
DKirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #42

Rhino flex sewer hose and a sewer hose support by far the best sewer hose I have bought in my life!
Matthewsbj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #43

The Valterra Dominator is claimed to be even better than the Rhino Flex. I can't compare because I've only owned the Dominator. But I can say it's a great hose. You can jump up and down on it and it doesn't tear and pops back into shape - not that I make a habit of jumping on it
2013 Days Camped, since April: 33
DKirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #44
NELA

Not a supply item you will need but KNOW that the first time you fire up your furnace it may fill your RV with smoke and set off the smoke alarm!
Thanks to the amazing people on this forum I learned this can be normal as it is burning off the oil from the annealing (sp?) process of the heating components.
If not for having our iPads and wifi, (so we could post for assistance here) this could have ruined our first cool weather trip.

Regarding voltage, we have a volt monitoring meter that we keep plugged in to a visible outlet to monitor for LOW voltage possibilities as well. We were advised that some parks can have that problem with their shore power supply.
These are not expensive and can prevent expensive problems.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #45
Average Joe

Been reading about unexplained beeping coming from CO detectors and around seats and such...

NOTE TO SELF: Pickup BFH for ride home...

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote