Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2006, 05:46 AM   #1
Newfie

Moto-Sat Antenna

Hi All,

Just met a gentleman with a 1997 40 foot Monaco motorhome who has a Moto-Sat unit configured for Direct TV. He is in Canada and has been told by a dealer that he needs a complete new antenna for Bell ExpressVu. I find that hard to believe. If he changes the LNB (and I do not even think that is required!) then all he should have to do is reprogram the "control box" to tell it the co-ords of the Bell Satellite (or point it in the proper direction - he did not have the control box with him.

Anyone have any clues?

Thanx in advance

Lovely Wife 30-something, Daughter-6, Son-2
2005 F-150 FX4 Supercrew, Tow Pkg, Prodigy
2006 Flagstaff 831BHSS
Newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:58 AM   #2

Bell is the same as Dish Network so I have been told. I would think you could change the reciever and reprogram the watch tv.

jmo I am not an expert in this area.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:00 PM   #3

You shouldn't need a new dish, it just has to be set to bells coordinates. We had dtv for a while, just changed the satt numbers. I don't know about the receiver though.
Mrs. Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:14 PM   #4
2006 Lex 283 buyer

Hello All, How do you go about getting service for your satellite dish on your RV? What companies offer same? Are there some special "words" we need to use? My husband called "Dish" I believe, but didn't get a good response. Thanks. We just purchased a used 283gts.
Beach1babe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna