Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2018, 10:29 PM   #1

My RV Control or One Control problems

Having problems with air conditioner and black water tank level not working correctly. Some time the compressor will not cycle on but the fan will. Also the level meter stays at 3/4 full all the time. I would really appreciate someone helping if the know how to solve my problem
Micman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micman View Post
Having problems with air conditioner and black water tank level not working correctly. Some time the compressor will not cycle on but the fan will. Also the level meter stays at 3/4 full all the time. I would really appreciate someone helping if the know how to solve my problem
Just visually check the tank level by looking at the level with the commode open and dump it if full. I stuck with that for 8 years of camping. Never had a problem with when to dump it. It's unfortunate that the black tank level indicater is not accurate, but you can get by it without problem if you watch it frequently and dump it when necessary.
Schvarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 06:48 AM   #3

Thanks but my toilets tecma which are electric which grind up your waste (you can’t look down to the black water tank) Thank for your response
Old 07-29-2018, 07:22 AM   #4

We often have our black water tank read 3/4 full. Bits of toilet paper sit on the sensors. We carry a box of cheap powdered dishwasher soap with us. When we are ready to hit the road we add lots of water and part of a cup of the dishwasher soap. The road action agitates the black water tank and hopefully cleans the sensors.
sask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask View Post
We often have our black water tank read 3/4 full. Bits of toilet paper sit on the sensors. We carry a box of cheap powdered dishwasher soap with us. When we are ready to hit the road we add lots of water and part of a cup of the dishwasher soap. The road action agitates the black water tank and hopefully cleans the sensors.

I agree fully with what your saying the problem I’m having is two RV service centers have cleaned tank and have run bore scope inside tank and it shows clean but the control panel still shows 3/4 tank. I’ve paid over 300 dollar each time to have tanks cleaned. Thank goodness the last RV center reimbursement my money and they think it’s the control board on the wall. Now this where the problem comes in the two Forest River dealer are not authorized to work on this panel.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micman View Post
I agree fully with what your saying the problem I’m having is two RV service centers have cleaned tank and have run bore scope inside tank and it shows clean but the control panel still shows 3/4 tank. I’ve paid over 300 dollar each time to have tanks cleaned. Thank goodness the last RV center reimbursement my money and they think it’s the control board on the wall. Now this where the problem comes in the two Forest River dealer are not authorized to work on this panel.
IDid anyone check the locations of the Techma tank sensors? If you had this problem from when new they may have beem insyalled in wrong spot. Or if recent problem then it may have slipped.

You have to liok for the sensors on the outside of your tank.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 03:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
IDid anyone check the locations of the Techma tank sensors? If you had this problem from when new they may have beem insyalled in wrong spot. Or if recent problem then it may have slipped.

You have to liok for the sensors on the outside of your tank.

All sensors have been checked out everything check out Good it seems to be in control board on wall but when new everything worked right it has changed in the last 5 months also we bought Sportscoach in October of 2017
Old 07-30-2018, 10:34 AM   #8

If you are facing a large bill to replace panel and if you are able to access the outside of the tanks... maybe look into SeeLevel system.

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/rv-shop/products/
sask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:06 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask View Post
If you are facing a large bill to replace panel and if you are able to access the outside of the tanks... maybe look into SeeLevel system.

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/rv-shop/products/

We can get to outside of tank and sensors and I just got off phone with lippert and they told me only three things can go wrong
1 a link tab is bad
2 a sensor resistor bad
3 a wiring Harness is bad
And all you need is a ohm meter to find which one if tank is clean so back to service center. RV service is suppose to call Lippert and they will direct how to do these test Finally a good answer lol
Old 07-30-2018, 11:13 AM   #10

My A/C fan comes on by itself to circulate air. It is by design. Is it holding temp?
Old 07-30-2018, 11:27 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwdilday View Post
My A/C fan comes on by itself to circulate air. It is by design. Is it holding temp?

My problem let say you have the thermostat set at 75° when inside reaches that temperature the air-conditioners supposed to come on what happens is just the fan comes on this does not happen every time but it’s very common for it to happen in fact I went on a 30 day trip and happened six times. To get ac to cool you have to set thermostat to 90* and wait on ac to total go off. Then place the thermostat back to 75* and most time the compressor will start.